Year Built: 1851
Address: 33 Wakefield Street, , Adelaide South Australia, 5000
Built progressively, from the laying of the original foundation in 1851 to the completion of the bell-tower in 1996, this cathedral is considered a major Australian work of the Gothic Revival style. It is linked with a number of designers and builders, including the eminent English architects Charles Francis Hansom and Peter Paul Pugin.…
Year Built: 1964
Address: Dinwoodie Avenue, , Clarence Gardens South Australia, 5039
The Foundation stone was laid on 23 February 1964 by the Right Reverend T.T. Reed.
Address: 60 Davey Street, , Frankston Victoria, 3199
The first Catholic church to open in Frankston on 15 December 1889 after land was purchased for 60.00 the year before. The opening Ceremony was conducted by his Grace Archbishop Carr.* The church was of brick construction with freestone dressings and measured 45 feet x 25 feet. The architects were Tappin, Gilbert and Denchy.*
Year Built: 1973
Address: 1 Cullavin Street, , Gunning New South Wales, 2581
The first church was erected on this site in 1859. The current church was erected in 1973. The Foundation stone was laid on 9 September 1973 by Archbishop Thomas V Cahill.
Year Built: 1937
Address: 54 Hunter Street, , Mansfield Victoria, 3722
The Architect was P.J. O'Connor and the builder was J.A. Sparks. The Church was blessed and opened by the Most Reverend D Mannix D.D. Archbishop of Melbourne on 19 December 1937.
Year Built: 1841
Address: Corner Lonsdale & Elizabeth Streets, , Melbourne Victoria, 3000
Victoria's oldest church it was designed by Samuel Jackson. The Foundation stone was laid on the feast of St Francis of Assisi on 4 October 1841. The first mass was celebrated in the completed nave of the church on 22 May 1842. And the church was blessed and opened on 23 October 1845. Blessed Mary MacKillop (18421909) made her first…
Year Built: 1869
Address: 1 Robert Street, , Moonta South Australia, 5558
A solid building, with limestone walls and iron roof. The foundation stone for this Church was laid by Bishop Shiel on 11 July 1869 and the Church was opened on 12 December 1869. It remains as built, except for the addition of a vestry to the front of the building.
Year Built: 1905
Address: Oxford Street, , Sydney New South Wales, 2000
Believed to be the church of St Frances Church of Haymarket, but not the current one. The building next door appears to have St Vincent de Paul Society sign on the wall (which would be linked with the Catholic church next door note the joining brick wall). People appear to be waiting to go into church, thus this would be a morning…