Year Built: 1966
Address: 350 Mortimer Road, , Acacia Ridge Queensland, 4110
A plaque reads, " This Church of Our Lady of Fatima was blessed and opened by His Grace The Most Rev P.M. O'Donnell D.D. Archbishop of Brisbane on Sunday June 5th 1966. B.T. McLaughlin P.P.".
Address: 277 Ross River Road, , Aitkenvale Queensland, 4814
In April 1877, the congregation opened a small wood church, 20 by 30 feet, at the corner of Stokes and Wills Streets in the downtown area, the site of today’s Central Uniting Church. As church membership grew, many people had to travel miles to get to church, so the congregation decided to expand into the suburbs. Churches opened in…
Year Built: 1980
Address: 4 Fahey's Road East, , Albany Creek Queensland, 4035
It was on 4 January 1986 that the Church became a Parish in its own right. Previously the Parish was part of Our Lady and St Dympna’s Parish, Aspley and the Holy Spirit Parish, Pine Rivers. Some three or four years prior to its founding as a Parish, the Brisbane Archdiocese purchased our Parish land in Fahey’s Road, Albany Creek, with…
Year Built: 1887
Address: New England Highway, , Allora Queensland, 4362
St. David's Church, Allora is a timber, Gothic Revival style church prominently located at the end of the main thoroughfare of the town, was constructed in 1887-88 to the design of leading Queensland colonial architect F.D.G Stanley. This building is the second church to be built on the site, which also contains a rectory designed by…
Year Built: 1965
Address: 556 Ipswich Road, , Annerley Queensland, 4103
A Foundation stone reads, " Annerley Baptist Church This Foundation stone was unveiled to the Glory of God on 13th March 1965 by Mr P.J. Hancox, President Baptist Union of Queensland. Rev C.L. Miller Minister Mr J.A. Barrie Secretary Mr E.S. Jones Senior Deacon".
Address: 616 Ipswich Road, , Annerley Queensland, 4103
A group of parishioners approached Archbishop James Duhig with a proposal to construct a building that could serve the parish as both a church and a school. Their request was approved and land was subsequently purchased by Archbishop Duhig for £814 in October 1912. Only ten years after the opening of the original church, Archbishop…
Year Built: 1929
Address: 33 King Street, , Annerley Queensland, 4103
The first church was built in 1886 at a cost of £150 and their second church in 1929 at a cost of £3,500. Brisbane architect, George Trotter, who was also a member of the congregation, designed the second church.
Year Built: 1974
Address: 250 Banks Street, , Ashgrove Queensland, 4060
A Foundation stone reads, " Church of Saint Michael Dorrington This Foundation stone was laid and blessed by his Grace Most Rev Francis Rush D.D. Archbishop of Brisbane 1st December 1974. Rev G.N. Lahiffe CS Sp PP".
Address: 395 Milton Road, , Auchenflower Queensland, 4066
The Foundation stone for the original church was laid on 22 April 1923 by the Archbishop of Brisbane Dr Sharp. In 1923 when the church was first commenced services were held in a local school room until the new church was opened on 18 November 1923. The church closed in 2015 and was placed on the market to sell the building.
Address: 98 Edwards Street, , Ayr Queensland, 4807
The Church was erected in the 1890's. A plaque reads, " In recognition of the Centenary of Catholic History Parish of Brandon and Ayr formed by Dr Duhig Bishop of Rockhampton St Patrick's Day 1912. Parkside Parish formed 1955 - East Ayr Parish formed 19959 - Amalgamated as Sacred Heart Parish Ayr in 1977. This plaque was blessed by…