Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
State: Victoria, Denomination: Methodist
Beechworth, VIC - Methodist (Former)
Address: 26 Ford Street, , Beeckworth Victoria, 3747
A new Church building was opened in 1878.
Box Hill North, VIC - Wesleyan Methodist (Former)
Year Built: 1856
Address: 147 Woodhouse Grove, , Box Hill North Victoria, 3129
A small rectangular colonial Georgian chapel of local Koonung Creek stone dating from 1856 and displaying a very early use of cream brick in the quoins and voussoirs. The porch, and possibly the parapet, appear to be of later date. The building is significant locally for its association with many of Box Hill's early settlers and the…
Burwood, VIC - Methodist (Former)
Address: 339 Warrigal Road, , Burwood Victoria, 3125
A Foundation stone in part reads, "To the Glory of God this stone was laid by the Hon ??? M.L.C. 19th Sept 1936 - Rev David Clarnette Minister The Church is now a Funeral Home.
Carnegie, VIC - Methodist (Former)
Year Built: 1922
Address: 23 Wattle Avenue, , Carnegie Victoria, 3163
A Private dwelling. A Foundation stone reads, "To the Glory of God this stone was laid by A.W.F. Smith Esq Oct 1922".
Coburg, VIC - Wesleyan Methodist (former)
Year Built: 1857
Address: 512 Sydney Road, , Coburg Victoria, 3058
The oldest Methodist Church in Victoria and the first built of blue stone. On 5th August 1857, a foundation stone for a church was laid, designed by T.J. Crouch. A sealed bottle containing the following record was placed in the stone cavity beneath the corner stone together with a copy of Argus and Herald of the day: "This stone…
Donald, VIC Methodist (Former)
Year Built: 1914
Address: 20 McCulloch Street, , Donald Victoria, 3480
The first services were held in the home of Mr Thomas Bath at Swanwater West prior to 1873 and were services conducted by Ministers from St Arnaud. There were local Methodist churches in Swanwater, Jeffcott and Avon. A Church for Donald was also under consideration but an effort to raise subscriptions in November 1876 was not…
Elmore, VIC - Methodist
Address: 68 Mitchie Street, , Elmore Victoria, 3558
Formerly a Methodist Church the building is now the home of Elmore Scouts.
Franklinford, VIC Methodist (Former)
Address: Hepburn Newstead Road, , Franklinford Victoria, 3461
Hawthorn, VIC - Methodist (Former)
Address: 314 Barkers Road, , Hawthorn Victoria, 3122
The Church is now a series of private apartments.
Kalorama, VIC - Methodist (Former)
Address: 6 - 8 Ridge Road, , Kalorama Victoria, 3766
The Church was built in 1909 by volunteer labour. Mainly through the efforts of the daughters of Eliza Hand and their families - the Jeeves, Walkers and Badenhops.
Kanumbra, VIC - Methodist (Former)
Year Built: 1898
Address: Minterns Road, , Kanumbra Victoria, 3719
The Church was built in 1898 at the cost of £100. A Mr William McGuigan donated the land to the Methodists. He also donated a piece of land to the Church of England. The Minister of the day would travel from Alexandra. The final service was conducted in 1988.
Maffra, VIC - Methodist (Former)
Year Built: 1912
Address: 9 Pearson Street, , Maffra Victoria, 3860
A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by The Rev Samuel Adamson President of the Conference 6th June 1912". The building is now the Maffra Senior Citizens Club".
Mooroopna, VIC - Methodist (Former)
Year Built: 1879
Address: 14 Alexander Street, , Maroopna Victoria, 3629
Land for the Methodist church building was purchased on 29 August 1878. The bricks were fired locally by a Mr Clarkson. The church was constructed in 1879 by the local United Free Methodist congregation. The new church was opened by its first minister, Rev. Isaacs. Other early ministers were Revs Richards, RJ Garde, F Clemens, D Porteus,…
Newstead, VIC - Primitive Methodist (Former)
Address: 12 Lyons Street, , Newstead Victoria, 3462
North Essendon, VIC - Methodist
Year Built: 1888
Address: 1003 Mount Alexander Road, , North Essendon Victoria, 3040
The area of the church is 57 feet and 37 feet and affords accomadation for about 350 persons. The church was erected using red and white bricks on a bluestone foundation. The total cost was 1,250.00. The memorial stone was laid by Henry Berry Esq of Melbourne and the contractors Messrs Pitt and Henville of Carlton. The Architects were Mr…
Portarlington, VIC - Wesleyan Methodist (Former)
Address: 27 Harding Street, , Portarlington Victoria, 3223
The church was built prior to 1873 due to the fact that the first Portarlington School opened in the ‘Wesleyan Church’ on 20th October 1873. The Church is now in private hands and has been significantly altered for use as a private residence.
Silvan, VIC - Wesleyan Methodist
Year Built: 1907
Address: 265 Monbulk Road, , Silvan Victoria, 3795
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Sunshine, VIC - Wesleyan Methodist
Address: 139 Devonshire Road, , Sunshine Victoria, 3020
Wantirna, VIC - Methodist
Address: 1393 High Street Road, , Wantirna Victoria, 3152
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Warragul, VIC - Wesleyan Methodist (Former)
Address: 64 Victoria Street, , Warragul Victoria, 3820
A plaque on the church wall reads, The Church was designed by noted 19th century architect TJ Crouch, and completed in 1889. It was Warragul's first church built in brick and the two towers are its outstanding feature. The external walls were rendered in 1938. The restoration of the main building in 2004-5 included an extended service…
Warrnambool, VIC - Wesleyan Methodist
Address: 89 - 105 Leibig Street, , Warrnambool Victoria, 3280
Construction of a chapel took place betwen 1850 and 1851. The first Wesleyan Church in Warrnambool was constructed in 1850 on a land grant secured on the south western corner of Liebig and Koroit Streets.It was opened on the 4th May 1851 by the first resident minister, William Lightbody. Lightbody, who administered both Warrnambool and…
Wattle Glen, VIC - Methodist (Former)
Address: 14 Reynolds Road, , Wattle Glen Victoria, 3096
The Church was opened in 1925 and was made possible by the generosity of Mr and Mrs E.E. Pepper who presented the block of land for the church site. The Church was erected by volunteer labour from start to finish under the supervision of Mr W.D. Mealy of Rosanna. The building which is of up to date design is 30ft by 20ft and lined by…