State: Western Australia
Year Built: 1955
Address: 2 McKenzie Road, , Applecross Western Australia, 6153
The Foundation stone was laid on 11 December 1955 by the Reverend F.C. Norman Inwood. The site of the present church was first developed in the early 1950s and the original building is now the church hall.
Year Built: 1884
Address: 16882 Albany Highway, , Arthur River Western Australia, 6315
The Taylor family donated the land for the church and £50 towards its construction. Construction commenced in 1882 and was completed n 1884. Construction was by FE Smith and AG Horley. Made of stone with wooden floorboards and a shingle roof. The floorboards came from the sawpits near Dardaline.
Year Built: 1917
Address: Bishop Place, , Beagle Bay Western Australia, 6725
The community was established by Trappist Monks around 1890. In 1884, the first ever priest arrived to serve the Catholics in the Kimberley to try and convert the Aboriginal people. Bishop Matthew Gibney founded the Beagle Bay mission, developed in the land of the Nyul Nyul people. The Pallottine fathers and brothers took charge of the…
Address: 11 Mary Street, , Bremer Bay Western Australia, 6338
In 1849 the Western Australian Surveyor General, John Septimus Roe, named the tiny port after Sir James John Gordon Bremer, the captain of the HMS Tamar. Roe had served under Bremer from 1824-1827.
Address: 16 - 2 Janitor Street, , Broomehill Western Australia, 6318
The Foundation stone was laid 18 April 1953. The Church was the former Police Station and Courthouse, a single-storey brick and iron building. It is one of the oldest buildings in Broomehill and contributes to the community’s sense of place. The altar is constructed of bricks from the old 1884 Eticup Church. The Church took it name…
Address: Loch Street, , Derby Western Australia, 6728
Year Built: 1958
Address: 15 Backland Street, , Esperence Western Australia, 6450
The Church was opened in 1958. The Lutheran presence was first established in the Esperance region when South Australian farmers Walter and Grace Schultz took up land on Bows Road in Gibson in 1958.
Address: Corner Norfolk & South Tce, , Freemantle Western Australia, 2795
The church is constructed from ashlar limestone with red-brick quoins on the buttresses and window edges. The steeply pitched roof is constructed from timber originally with jarrah shingles but most recently with terra cotta tiles. When originally built the church consisted of a nave and an aisle on the north western side; the vestry is…
Address: The Esplanade, , Hopetoun Western Australia , 6348
Address: 21 Aberdeen Street, , Katanning Western Australia, 6317
The Hon. F H Piesse laid the foundation stone for the church hall on 27th March 1911, on a site adjacent to the existing St Andrew's Church. The architect was E Summerhayes. The hall was used weekly for parish meetings, dances, fundraisers and various other activities. The hall is primarily significant in terms of its relationship to…
Year Built: 1905
Address: 23 Taylor Street, , Katanning Western Australia, 6317
The building is in Gothic style with a gabled rood, pier buttresses and lancet arched windows. The exterior walls are tuck-pointed, red brick, cement rendered on the lower half and the roof is of corrugated iron. There are two additions to the rear, dating from 1919 and cl930. The interior fixtures such as the pews, altar and pulpit, were…
Year Built: 1907
Address: 38 Taylor Street, , Katanning Western Australia, 6317
The Foundation stone was laid on 19 October 1906. The Architect was F.W. Burwell and the builder was A Thomson. A brick and corrugated iron building of Federation Gothic design. It has a prominent zinc clad spire protruding from a battlement campanile. Mr F W Burwell of Fremantle prepared plans for the church. The contract price was…