Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name


Bendigo, VIC - St Killian's Catholic

Bendigo, VIC - St Killian's Catholic

Year Built: 1888

Address: 161 McCrae Steet, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550

The first church was a slab and canvas structure assembled in 1853 by Rev Dr Backhaus. In May 1856, construction of a stone church commenced. Topped by a slate roof, the church was a grand site with its 22 buttresses and four entrances. However, only 30 years later, the building was condemned as the walls were cracking and crumbling.…

Read More

Bendigo, VIC - St Luke's Anglican

Bendigo, VIC - St Luke's Anglican

Address: 487 Napier Street, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550

Read More

Bendigo, VIC - St Paul's Anglican Cathedral

Bendigo, VIC - St Paul's Anglican Cathedral

Year Built: 1873

Address: Myer's Street, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550

The cathedral was designed by the architect Robert A. Love. The nave was dedicated in November 1868, the bell tower in 1873 and the chancel and transepts in 1927. Originally a parish church, St Paul's became the diocese's cathedral in 1981. The building is constructed of red brick with stone dressings in an early Gothic style and is…

Read More

Bendigo, VIC - Uniting

Bendigo, VIC - Uniting

Address: Forest Street, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550

A Foundation stone on the first Church which is now a Hall reads, " 28th January AD 1891".

Read More

Benemeer, NSW - St Stephen's Anglican (Former)

Benemeer, NSW - St Stephen's Anglican (Former)

Address: 83 Caroline Street, , Benemeer New South Wales, 2355

Read More

Benemeer, NSW - Uniting Hope Chapel

Benemeer, NSW - Uniting Hope Chapel

Year Built: 1867

Address: 137 Caroline Street, , Benemeer New South Wales, 2355

Read More

Bennettswood, VIC - St Scholastica Catholic

Bennettswood, VIC - St Scholastica Catholic

Address: 348 Burwood Highway, , Bennettswood Victoria, 3125

St Scholastica’s Parish was founded in 1962, separated from St Benedict’s with Father George Maltby as its first parish priest.

Read More

Bentleigh, VIC - St John's Anglican

Bentleigh, VIC - St John's Anglican

Address: Corner Tucker & Centre Roads, , Bentleigh Victoria, 3204

The land for the church's current location was granted by Mr John Matthew Smith. The original church building was beset by poor workmanship and delays. The foundation stone was laid by Mr W.R. Looker J.P. on Monday 11th October 1872. The new Church under the charge of the Rev. William Singleton of Cheltenham, was opened in June by the…

Read More

Bentleigh, VIC - St Paul's Catholic

Bentleigh, VIC - St Paul's Catholic

Year Built: 1960

Address: 122 Jasper Road, , Bentleigh Victoria, 3204

A foundation stone reads " This stone symbol of Christ, Chief corner stone of the church was blessed and set by His Grace Archbishop Simonds 13th November 1960, T O'Sullivan P.P. S. J. Morgan and Associates Architect H.P. Yunken Pty Ltd Builder".

Read More

Bentleigh, VIC - St Raphael, Nicholas & Irene Greek Orthodox

Bentleigh, VIC - St Raphael, Nicholas & Irene Greek Orthodox

Year Built: 1928

Address: 531 Centre Road, , Bentleigh Victoria, 3204

The Foundation stone was laid on 23 June 1928.

Read More

Bentleigh, VIC - Uniting

Bentleigh, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1968

Address: 497 Centre Road, , Bentleigh Victoria, 3204

The Foundation stone was laid on 15 March 1968 by H.V. Barnett. The Architect was John Scarborough.

Read More

Bermagui, NSW - All Saints Anglican

Bermagui, NSW - All Saints Anglican

Address: 11 Wallaga Street, , Bermagui New South Wales, 2546

A plaque reads, " All Saints' Bermagui 1911 - 2011 - A service of thanksgiving held to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the dedication of this church on 8th October 1911. The Rt Rev Trevor Edwards Vicar General of the Diocese of Canberra and Sloane Deacon the Rev Elizabeth Sloane 9th October 2011".

Read More

Bermagui, NSW - Baptist

Bermagui, NSW - Baptist

Address: 5 West Street, , Bermagui New South Wales, 2546

Read More

Bermagui, NSW - Our Lady Help Christians Catholic

Bermagui, NSW - Our Lady Help Christians Catholic

Year Built: 1952

Address: 8 Paraboon Drive, , Bermagui New South Wales, 2546

A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was blessed and laid by Most Rev G. Young D.D. 28 Dec 1952. Rev J. Blakney".

Read More

Berowra Heights, NSW - St Bernard Catholic

Berowra Heights, NSW - St Bernard Catholic

Address: 21 Warrina Street, , Berowra Heights New South Wales, 2081

Read More

Berowra Heights, NSW - Uniting

Berowra Heights, NSW - Uniting

Address: 4 Alan Road, , Berowra Heights New South Wales, 2082

Read More

Berowra, NSW - Baptist

Berowra, NSW - Baptist

Address: 34 Berowra Waters Road, , Berowra New South Wales, 2081

Read More

Berowra, NSW - St Mark's Anglican

Berowra, NSW - St Mark's Anglican

Address: 18 Berowra Waters Road, , Berowra New South Wales, 2081

Read More

Berri, SA - Baptist

Berri, SA - Baptist

Address: 1 Verran Terrace, , Berri South Australia, 5343

Read More

Berri, SA - Church of Christ

Berri, SA - Church of Christ

Address: 1025 Old Sturt Highway, , Berri South Australia, 5343

Read More

Berri, SA - Dormition of the Virgin Mary Greek Orthodox

Berri, SA - Dormition of the Virgin Mary Greek Orthodox

Year Built: 1967

Address: 1324 Old Sturt Highway, , Berri South Australia, 5343

A Foundation stone reads in part, " The Foundation stone of the Greek Orthodox Church ??? oimhsis Theotokoy was blessed by His Grace Archbishop F. Zekiel on the 8th of October 1967".

Read More

Berri, SA - Uniting

Berri, SA - Uniting

Address: 3 Denny Street, , Berri South Australia, 5343

A wall plaque reads, " To the Glory of God this tablet was placed by The Rev Arthur B. Lloyd President of Conference February 22nd 1936".

Read More

Berri, SA - Zion Lutheran

Berri, SA - Zion Lutheran

Address: Marshall Street & Vaughan Terrace, , Berri South Australia, 5343

Originally known as the Fountain of Living Water from1914 to 1926, then Zion Lutheran. A Foundation stone reads "Praise is due to Thee O Lord in Zion 30th April". A foundation stone on the first church reads " This stone was laid to the Glory of God 14th July 1929".

Read More

Berrigan, NSW - Presbyterian (Former)

Berrigan, NSW - Presbyterian (Former)

The Berrigan charge originally included Finley, Tocumwal and Berrigan. On 19th December 1928 the Rev Mr Hain Moderator of the Presbyterian Church of NSW dedicated the building to the service of God. The cost of the building and furnishings amount to £748-1-9.

Read More

Berrigan, NSW - St Adian's Anglican

Berrigan, NSW - St Adian's Anglican

Year Built: 1902

Address: Corner Jerilderie Street & Memorial Street, , Berrigan New South Wales, 2712

A wall plaque reads, " This Church was built in 1902 in Jerilderie Street. Across the road is the Vicarage which was built in 1908, and the hall to the rear in the 1950's. The stained glass windows dedicated in 1973, were bequeathed by Nora Heald who was the daughter of Jacob Verso resident priest 1901 - 1920. Nora was the wife of Dr.…

Read More

Berrigan, NSW - St John's Presbyterian

Berrigan, NSW - St John's Presbyterian

Address: 5 Davis Street, , Berrigan New South Wales, 2712

Read More

Berrigan, NSW - Uniting

Berrigan, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1952

Address: Corner Chanter & Drummond Streets, , Berrigan New South Wales, 2712

The Foundation stone was laid by the Right Reverend F.H. Rayward O.B.E D.D. President of the NSW Conference on 15 November 1952.

Read More

Berrima, NSW - Holy Trinity Anglican

Berrima, NSW - Holy Trinity Anglican

Address: Argyle Street, , Berrima New South Wales, 2577

The church itself is in the Early English Gothic Revival style used by Edmund Blacket throughout his career, and is typical of his rural churches. It is built of sandstone quarried from the banks of the Wingecarribee River, and features four equal bays running east–west with a northern porch and southern vestry. The stonework is laid…

Read More

Berrima, NSW - St Francis Xavier Catholc

Berrima, NSW - St Francis Xavier Catholc

Year Built: 1851

Address: Oldbury Street, , Berrima New South Wales, 2577

A sandstone Victorian Free Gothic style church with gabled roofs a bellcote over the west front, a central porch on the north side and a vestry on the south side. The interior consists of a nave and sanctuary. Some of the pews were originally in the redundant Sutton Forest Roman Catholic Church of St patrick. The Church was designed by…

Read More

Berrinba, QLD - Church of Christ

Berrinba, QLD - Church of Christ

Address: 221 Bardon Road, , Berrinba Queensland, 4117

Read More

Berriwillock, VIC - Uniting

Berriwillock, VIC - Uniting

Address: 7 Church Street, , Berriwillock Victoria, 3531

Read More

Berry, NSW - Presbyterian

Berry, NSW - Presbyterian

Year Built: 1934

Address: 83 Victoria Street, , Berry New South Wales, 2535

The first Presbyterian Church in Berry was erected in a prime location on a hill to the north of the town in the late 1880's, and was built on five acres, donated to the congregation by David Berry. A Foundation reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Right Rev D.F. Brandt May 9th 1934 - Thos J. Darling Architect Rev D.L.…

Read More

Berry, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Berry, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Address: 68A Pricess Street, , Berry New South Wales, 2535

Read More

Berry, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Berry, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Year Built: 1935

Address: Albert Street, , Berry New South Wales, 2535

The Church was established in 1870. A Foundation stone reads, "This Foundation stone of St Patrick's Church Berry was solemnly blessed and laid by His Grace The Most Rev M. Sheehan D.D. 24 November 1935".

Read More

Berry, NSW - Uniting

Berry, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1932

Address: 71 Albert Street, , Berry New South Wales, 2535

Mr. J. M. Mills was appointed architect and plans were prepared, and after some modifications suggested by the Trustees, the plans were accepted and tenders called. The lowest tender, that of Messrs. Whitwell Bros, of Hurstville, was accepted. A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was set by Rev W. Green 30.6.32 - G. Gillam Secretary…

Read More

Berrybank, VIC - Uniting

Berrybank, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1954

Address: Foxhow Road, , Berrybank Victoria, 3323

The former church was destroyed by fire on 14 January 1944. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid on 21 April 1954 by William M Clark. The Architect was Keith Reid while the builder was A McHolson.

Read More

Berserker, QLD - Calvary Lutheran

Berserker, QLD - Calvary Lutheran

Address: 59 Burnett Street, , Berserker Queensland, 4701

Read More

Berserker, QLD - Methodist (Former)

Berserker, QLD - Methodist (Former)

Year Built: 1880

Address: Musgrave Street, , Berserker Queensland, 4701

From 1880 to 1887 the North Rockhampton Methodist Circuit remained under the control of the Fitzroy Street Primitive Methodist Church. In 1887 North Rockhampton was declared a separate Circuit, and the Rev.I.Castlehow was appointed as its first Minister. He later became President of the Queensland Methodist Conference in 1908. The first…

Read More

Berserker, QLD - St John's Anglican

Berserker, QLD - St John's Anglican

Year Built: 1912

Address: 278 Ford Street, , Berserker Queensland, 4701

The Church is a small Gothic style timber building and is heritage-listed. It was built in 1912. It was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 5 August 2003. The site of St John's Mission Church was purchased in 1891 by Edward Costello.

Read More

Berserker, QLD - Uniting (Former)

Berserker, QLD - Uniting (Former)

Address: 41 Musgrave Street, , Berserker Queensland, 4701

Read More