Year Built: 1863
Address: 65 Flinders Street, Adelaide, South Australia , 5000
A Foundation stone was laid by Rev Isaac New on 18 December 1861. Robert G. Thomas, the architect who would later be responsible for the Stow Memorial Church (now Pilgrim Uniting Church), was selected to design the building, which is of Gothic revival style in bluestone and sandstone with elaborate capitals on the columns, a rose…
Year Built: 1898
Address: 88 Kooyong Road, , Armadale Victoria, 3143
The Foundation stone was laid on 20 July 1898 by Mrs Westmore G. Stephens. The Architect was Sydney Smith and Ogg and the builder was A Parker. It was designed in an advanced Romanesque style in red brick with stucco dressings, dark brick diapering, chequerboard gable treatment and fleche on the roof ridge. The building was later…
Year Built: 1938
Address: 517 Whitehorse Road, , Balwyn Victoria, 3127
The Church was opened at 3pm on April 30th 1938 by Mr C Harley of the Congregation and the service was conducted by the President of the Baptist Union Mr C.H. Book. A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid to the Glory of God by G.W.Green Esq 13 November 1937. Rev E.R. Thorne, Pastor".
Address: Corner Thompson & Marcus Roads, , Bulleen Victoria, 3105
In 1956 the North Balwyn Church under the pastorship of Rev Smith saw the need for a church in the Bulleen area. The first service was a Sunday School service on 24 February 1960 in the home of Mr and Mrs Taylor. In the following year Church services were commenced in the home of Mr and Mrs Harrison.
Address: 57 Mount Street, , Burnie Tasmania, 7320
The church, capable of accommodating 350 or more people,opened on 12 December 1925. It was built almost entirely by men of the Church. Henry Dowling as general overseer, Fred Parsons in charge of the carpentering and Jim Baylis and Ray Haslock in charge of the brick work. It was completed at a cost of £1675 pounds.Seventeen years later…
Address: 100 Hodgkinson Street, , Clifton Hill Victoria, 3068
A Romanesque polychromatic red brick designed Church with cream and brown dressings was opened on 2 October 1895. The foundation stone had been laid on 25 June 1895. Baptists first met in Clifton Hill in the Albert Hall in Queens Parade from 1890 until this church was opened. Clifton Hill Baptist Church known today as the Community Church…
Address: 21 Rothessay Avenue, , Edwardstown South Australia, 5042
In May 1905, the Edwardstown mission ceased and Edwardstown Baptist Church took its place. The church grew further over the years and in 1910, bought a piece of land on South Road, Edwardstown to build a new building. During the years the layout of the church property was a bit haphazard, with some buildings on South Road, some at…
Year Built: 1856
Address: Nyora Road, , Eltham Victoria, 3095
A committee chaired by Ken Mason was formed in 1986 after the Blackburn North Baptist Church thought of planting a Church in Eltham. The committee comprised of Ken Mason, Shirley Smith, Alan Field and Lloyd Simmonds. A meeting was held in May 1986 at which 45 people expressed interest in beginning a new fellowship in the area. The…
Address: 17 Hunter Street, , Ferntree Gully Victoria, 3156
The Church held it’s first services on April 6, 1975 in the Girl Guide Hall, Underwood Road. In May 1980 the church moved from the Guide Hall in Underwood Road to the Mountain Gate Primary School. See the Churches website for a full history.