Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
Balmain, NSW, St Andrews Congregational
Year Built: 1854
Address: 217 - 233 Darling Street, , Balmain New South Wales, 2041
The foundation stone was laid on 3 August 1854. The architects were Messrs Goold and Field. The Church building is an example of early stone Victorian Free Gothic style constructed in 1854-55. The Church and associated Halls retain their original form, scale and details particularly the stone façade. The dimensions were quoted as…
Bardon, QLD - Pilgrim Congregational
Year Built: 1914
Address: Corner Simpson & Boundary Roads, , Bardon Queensland, 4065
The land on which this church stands is part of a 38 acre block originally purchased from the Crown in 1862 by Francis Lyon. A year later the whole parcel of land was transferred to Joshua Jeays. Jeays was a notable colonial architect, Brisbane councillor, and eventually, Mayor of Brisbane.. Believed to have been originally constructed…
Don, TAS - Congregational (Former)
The Church was opened n 1862. It is now in private hands.
Hawthorn, VIC - Augustine Congregational (former)
Year Built: 1881
Address: 500 Burwood Road, , Hawthorn Victoria, 3122
Built in 1881 the church was opened on 26 February. It was sold around 2003 and is now a Commercial enterprise.
Keith, SA - Congregational (former)
Year Built: 1910
Address: Heritage Street, , Keith South Australia, 5267
The 1910 Church, formerly the Congregational Church was built from local limestone carted in from nearby farms by the Church parishioners.In Gothic style with red brick quoins, and entrance porch and a transverse vestry at the rear. It is operated by the National Trust as a museum. The manse was sold in 1954.
Keyneton, SA - Congregational Independant
Year Built: 1865
Address: 905 Keyneton Road, , Keyneton South Australia, 5353
Built in 1865 as an Independent / Congregational Chapel. During 1965 Keyneton and Eden Valley Congregational Churches joined with Mount Pleasant and South Ryan Presbyterian to become Uniting Parish of Keyneton – Mount Pleasant (Uniting Church). It was transferred from the Uniting Church in Australia to private ownership around 2008.
Leichhardt, NSW - Congregational
Year Built: 1891
Address: Corner Allen & Elswick Streets, , Leichhardt New South Wales, 3516
The Church was established between 1880 1881. The Foundation stone was laid on 18 March 1891 by Harry C Kent Esq M.A.
McLaren Vale, SA - Congregational (Former)
Year Built: 1860
The laying of the Foundation stone took place on 27 July 1860 and the church opened on 20 February 1861. It was once a a unique performance space for acoustic music now The Sabella Cellar Door opened in 2019.
Raceview, QLD - Congregational
Year Built: 1959
Address: 117 Wildey Street, , Raceview Queensland, 4305
A Foundation stone reads, " n Dedication to the Glory of God this stone was unveiled by Mrs J. Marsh Senr on Nov 7 1959. In the Presence of Rev T. Rees Thomas MABD President Queensland Congregational Union Hon Lay Pastor Ald R. T. Edwards".
Richmond, TAS - Congregational
Year Built: 1875
Address: 25 Bridge Street, , Richmond Tasmania, 7025
The first services were held in the local courthouse. In 1843 the Rev Moses Parker arrived and made Richmond the centre of his circuit. A chapel was located in Torrens Street on a parcel of land donated by John Kestall Buscombe, a successful local businessman. The chapel was opened on Wednesday 3 December 1845 and a collection was…
Southport, QLD - Congregtional (Former)
Address: White Street, , Southport Queensland, 4215
The Building of a new Church was discussed and tenders were called for and closed on the 23/9/1887. Five tenders were recieved ranging from £501 pounds to £730. A ballot was necessary and Hugh Rowlands tender of £530 was accepted, completion time 4 months. £550 was placed on the old site and it was sold to Mr Lightbody. He was paid a…
Warrnambool, VIC - Congregational
Year Built: 1909
The Church began as the result of the meeting in a Timor Street Chemist's shop of two men of our Congregational persuasion, who discussed the possibility of forming a Church of the Independent order. They were Mr Robert Winton and Mr. Thomas Nayler, who decided to call a meeting on 10th April, 1862, (as minutes of the meeting relate).…
Waterloo, NSW - Congregational
Year Built: 1865
Address: 103 Botany Road, , Waterloo New South Wales, 2017
The church was established in 1858 and the currrent building was erected in 1884.
Williamstown, VIC - Congregational (Former)
Year Built: 1870
Address: 60 Stevedore Street, , Williamstown Victoria, 3016
The church was built in 1870 - 1871 in the Gothic style to the design of Joseph Schneider. The building was sold in 2006.
Wollongong, NSW - Congregational
Year Built: 1857
Address: 33 Market Street, , Wollongong New South Wales, 2500
A notice board at the fron of the Church reads, The church building was opened on 6th August, 1857. Before this, the Congregational fellowship, which had been established in 1855, held services in a small wooden chapel around the corner in Kembla (Camla) St. The shop owner, David Jones (to whom a window is dedicated), and the owner of…
Woolloongabba, QLD - Congregational (Former)
Address: 49 Broadway Street, , Woolloongabba Queensland, 4102
The Church is now a privately run Wedding chapel.