Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

Denomination: Uniting


Broome, WA - Uniting

Broome, WA - Uniting

Address: Corner Anne & Robertson Streets, , Broome Western Australia, 6725

Read More

Brunswick, VIC - Uniting

Brunswick, VIC - Uniting

Address: Corner Sydney Road & Merri Street, , Brunswick Victoria, 3056

Read More

Bulla, VIC - Uniting (Former)

Bulla, VIC - Uniting (Former)

Year Built: 1858

Address: 1 Uniting Lane, , Bulla Victoria, 3428

Formerly a Presbyterian Church it was designed of Thomas M Taylor. The Church and manse, are a Gothic Revival and is an early one and is distinguished by its detailing in bluestone. The Church was erected in late 1858 or early 1859 and a bluestone manse of an unknown date. Constructed of random coursed bluestone and a slate roof, the…

Read More

Bunyip, VIC - Uniting

Bunyip, VIC - Uniting

Address: Corner Nash Road & Flett Streets, , Bunyip Victoria, 3815

Read More

Burnie, TAS - Uniting

Burnie, TAS - Uniting

Year Built: 1901

Address: 60 Mount Street, , Burnie Tasmania, 7320

A Primitive Methodist Church was built in Mount street in 1869 and a second church was built alongside the earlier church in 1891. A Wesleyan Methodist Church built in Cattley Street in 1894. They were removed to the rear in 1900. The Grand Opening of the first church took place in May, 1869. The erection of this Methodist Chapel by a…

Read More

Burnside, SA - St David's Uniting

Burnside, SA - St David's Uniting

Address: 492 Glynburn Road, , Burnside South Australia, 5066

A foundation stone was laid on 9 September 1962 by the Bishop of Adelaide C.W. Muceke.

Read More

Burrumbeet, VIC - Uniting

Burrumbeet, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1857

Address: Western Highway, , Burrumbeet Victoria, 3352

Established in 1857.

Read More

Bute, SA - Uniting

Bute, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1902

Address: Corner First & Third Streets, , Bute South Australia, 5560

A Foundation stone was laid on 27 August 1902 by P Jackson Esq J.P. There is another on the corner of the building that is dated 1894.

Read More

Camperdown, VIC - Uniting

Camperdown, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1901

Address: Corner Barkly & Leura Street, , Camperdown Victoria, 3260

The Foundation stone was laid by Miss J Curdie of Tanderook on 18 April 1901.

Read More

Cann River, VIC - St John's Anglican

Cann River, VIC - St John's Anglican

Address: Princes Highway, , Cann River Victoria, 3890

Read More

Canowindra, NSW - Uniting

Canowindra, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1969

Address: 42 Blachford Street, , Conowindra New South Wales, 2804

A Memorial plaque reads, " Canowindra Methodist Peace Memorial Church - This Church was Officially opened and dedicated to the Glory of God on October 5th 1969.

Read More

Canterbury, VIC - Habitat Uniting

Canterbury, VIC - Habitat Uniting

Address: 706 Warrenheip St, , Canterbury Victoria, 3357

Read More

Canterbury, VIC - St David's Habitat Uniting

Canterbury, VIC - St David's Habitat Uniting

Address: 3 Mont Albert Road, , Canterbury Victoria, 3126

Read More

Canterbury, VIC - Tongan Uniting

Canterbury, VIC - Tongan Uniting

Year Built: 1928

Address: 15A Balwyn Road, , Canterbury Victoria, 3126

In 1890, a Methodist Church was built on the site with funding supplied by local residents. The current church was built in 1928. The Architect was Louis Williams and the Builder was A Richardson. The walls are of clinker brick with bands of grilles in the brickwork to the gable ends. The steeply pitched roof is clad in glazed tiles…

Read More

Carisbrook, VIC - Uniting

Carisbrook, VIC - Uniting

Address: Corner Chapel St & Pyrenees Highway, , Carisbrook Victoria, 3464

Read More

Carlisle, WA - Uniting

Carlisle, WA - Uniting

Address: Star Street, , Carlisle Western Australia, 6101

Read More

Carlton, VIC - Uniting

Carlton, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1869

Address: Drummond Street, , Carlton Victoria, 3053

Originally a Wesleyan Methodist church it was designed by Joseph Reed and built between 1869 and 1870. The first church, seating 120 people was opened on 17 February 1861. It cost 260 on completion. This church later became half the Sunday School Hall. Construction commenced on 29 December 1860 and it took only 6 weeks to build.

Read More

Castlemaine, VIC - Uniting

Castlemaine, VIC - Uniting

Address: 8-12 Lyttleton Street, , Castlemaine Victoria, 3450

Formerly a Presbyterian church. The foundation stone was laid by the Premier of Victoria, Sir James Patterson on June 22nd 1894. The Church was officially opened on 16th December 1894. The church was built by Mr Shillabeer to a design by the Ballarat architect Charles Figgis. It is a red brick building with cement dressings and a…

Read More

Charlton, VIC - Uniting

Charlton, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1885

Address: 6 Halliday Street, , Charlton Victoria, 3525

Two Foundation stones read, 1. "Wesley Chapel Built in 1876 and later used as a Sunday School. The present church was built for the Methodist Community in 1885. This project was funded by Centenary of Federation Victoria through the Victorian Government's Community Support Fund." 2. Charlton Methodist Sunday School Hall built to the…

Read More

Cheltenham, VIC - Charman Uniting

Cheltenham, VIC - Charman Uniting

Year Built: 1921

Address: 313 Charman Road, , Cheltenham Victoria, 3192

A Foundation stone on the original church reads, " This stone was laid by Mrs F. Woff for 56 years a member of the Cheltenham Methodist Church Oct 22 1921. W.H. Orchill Architect L.H. Buttersworth Contractor". A Foundation stone on the newer Hall reads, " Dedicated to the worship of God March 6th 1965 by Rev C.H. Gallagher M.A. B.D.…

Read More

Chiltern, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Chiltern, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Year Built: 1871

Address: High Street, , Chiltern Victoria, 3683

The former Presbyterian church was erected 1871-1875 by Smith and Houston. It replaced a timber and bark structure erected in 1860 some distance west of the site. The present orange-coloured brick structure comprises a buttressed hall with the west front punctuated by a pinnacled octagonal bell-cote on the gable apex and a small…

Read More

Clare, SA - Uniting

Clare, SA - Uniting

Address: Victoria Road, , Clare South Australia, 5453

Read More

Clarence Park, SA - Church of the Trinity Uniting

Clarence Park, SA - Church of the Trinity Uniting

Year Built: 1925

Address: 318 Goodwood Road, , Clarence Park South Australia, 5034

The Foundation stone was laid on 31 January 1925 by Mrs Andrew Linn.

Read More

Clarence, TAS - Uniting

Clarence, TAS - Uniting

Year Built: 1860

Address: 2 York Street, Clarence, Tasmania, 7270

The original foundation stone on the first church was laid on 18 April 1860 by Henry Hopkins. It was later attached to the current church on 15 October 1909 by Sir Albert Spicer M.P.

Read More

Clunes, VIC - St Andrews Uniting

Clunes, VIC - St Andrews Uniting

Year Built: 1861

Address: Service Street, , Clunes Victoria, 3370

Constructed in the Gothic style it was designed by Ballarat architect J.A. Doane, and commenced in 1864. It consists of a broad nave and transepts with galleries, including cast iron balustrades. The facade incorporates a slate-roofed octagonal turret and spire and a four-light perpendicular Gothic window. The Basalt manse was erected in…

Read More

Cobden, VIC - Uniting

Cobden, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1963

Address: Curdie Street, , Cobden Victoria, 3266

The Foundation stone was laid on 8 September 1963 by Walter Leslie Baker.

Read More

Cobram, VIC - Uniting

Cobram, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1912

Address: 10 Hay Avenue, , Cobram Victoria, 3644

A Foundation stone on the Church reads, " This stone was laid by Rev J. Matthew M.A. B.D. 18th September 1912. Rev B.T. Buntine Minister". a Foundation stone on the hall next door reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Miss Sarah Irvin 14th May 1958 Minister Rev Neil Scott B.A. Architect Keith Reid Builders J.W. Napier, E.W.…

Read More

Coburg, VIC - Uniting

Coburg, VIC - Uniting

Address: Corner Victoria & Louisa Streets, , Coburg Victoria, 3058

Read More

Colac, VIC - Uniting

Colac, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1877

Address: Corner Hesse & Manifold Streets, , Colac Victoria, 3250

Formerly a Presbyterian Church. In 1852 the very firstr chapel Gows Chapel was destroyed by fire. The new church opened on 5 November 1854 on the south east corner of the present site and cost 1,750.00 to erect. By 1876 a new church was needed and a tender of 3,284.00 was accepted from Mr Bullings. The Foundation stone was laid on 19…

Read More

Colbinabbin, VIC - Uniting

Colbinabbin, VIC - Uniting

Address: Mitchell Street, , Colbinabbin Victoria, 2877

Read More

Coleambally, NSW - Uniting

Coleambally, NSW - Uniting

Address: Kingfisher Avenue, , Coleambally New South Wales, 2707

Read More

Collector, NSW - Uniting

Collector, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1865

Address: 22 Bourke Street, , Collector New South Wales, 2581

The Church was built in 1865.

Read More

Colonel Light Gardens, SA - Uniting

Colonel Light Gardens, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1958

Address: 560 Goodwood Road, , Colonel Light Gardens South Australia, 5041

The land was bought for $1,211.00 (£25.00) and other than the names of the trustees, little is known of the first seventy five years. The old Church was built in 1854, and is one of the oldest suburban Churches in the State. When the section of ground opposite was purchased by the Government and sub divided into residential blocks and…

Read More

Coolamon, NSW - St Peter's Uniting

Coolamon, NSW - St Peter's Uniting

Address: 35 Loughnan Street, , Coolamon New South Wales, 2701

Read More

Cooma, NSW - St Andrew's Uniting

Cooma, NSW - St Andrew's Uniting

Year Built: 1880

Address: 61 Soho Street, , Cooma New South Wales, 2630

The Church was opened in 1882 as a Presbyterian Church. The west wall includes a beautiful stained glass window, and other features include a timber pulpit, choir, and a 623 pound bell. In 1997 the tower clock was replaced and flood lighting of the stained glass window was fitted. A plaque reads, "To the Glory of God this plaque was…

Read More

Coonalpyn, SA - Uniting

Coonalpyn, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1921

Address: Western Highway, , Coonalpyn South Australia, 5265

Formerly a Congregational church the foundation stone was laid on 21 February 1921 by the Mr G.E. Venning.

Read More

Cootamundra, NSW - Uniting

Cootamundra, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1936

Address: Cooper Street, , Cootamundra New South Wales, 2590

A Foundation stone attached to the current church was laid on 10 June 1936 by John Wilson McClintock. In the 1932 Jubilee Souvenir booklet of the Presbyterian Church, mention was made that the present church building was inadequate for the needs of the growing congregation, and the Board of Management had under review various schemes for…

Read More

Corawa, NSW - Calvery Memorial Uniting

Corawa, NSW - Calvery Memorial Uniting

Year Built: 1966

Address: 1 Church Street, , Corawa New South Wales, 2646

In 1878, Rev. Presley was appointed to the Circuit and continued services at Howlang, Rutherglen, Corowa, Barnawartha and Chiltern. Services at Corowa shifted to the Oddfellows Hall at the top end of Sanger Street and were supported by local preachers Messers Trewran, Fraser, Taylor, Thompson, Dr. Whitaker. In April 1879, Rev.J.Leslie was…

Read More

Cowes, VIC - St John's Uniting

Cowes, VIC - St John's Uniting

Year Built: 1975

Address: 86 Chapel Street, , Cowes Victoria, 3922

In 1869, soon after the town was surveyed, this section of land was granted to the Presbyterian Church. Church Services began before Christmas 1889. These services were held in the open air, according to Mr. Robb, under a gum tree, though some years later an elderly member of the church and of its Board of Management reported that she…

Read More

Cowra, NSW - Uniting

Cowra, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1889

Address: Kendal Street, , Cowra New South Wales, 2794

The town allotments were surveyed in 1854 and the first land sales were held later in that year. Property for churches was reserved - the site for the Wesleyan Church was on the south east corner of Kendal and Darling Streets, and the site for the Minister's Residence on the corner of Darling Street and Bartlett Lane. It was not until…

Read More