Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

Saint: Joseph


Reservoir, VIC - St Joseph the Worker Catholic

Reservoir, VIC - St Joseph the Worker Catholic

Address: 79 Wilson Boulevard, , Reservoir Victoria, 3073

The parish began on 4 February 1970 when it was cut off from the neighbouring parish of St Gabriel’s in Spring Street Reservoir. On 8 August 1971, Archbishop Knox blessed and opened the first Church which now serves as the parish hall. The Church was opened on 1 May 1990 by Archbishop Frank Little.

Read More

Rochester, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Rochester, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Address: 22 Fraser Street, , Rochester Victoria, 3561

A Foundation stone was laid on 16 January 1910. R.E. Symons and Co were the builders and A.A. Feltch were the Architects. The Presbytery was commenced in 1917 at a cost of 3,000.

Read More

Rozelle, NSW - St Joseph's Catholic

Rozelle, NSW - St Joseph's Catholic

Year Built: 1881

Address: Gordon Street, , Rozelle New South Wales, 2039

Built in 1881.

Read More

South Yarra, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

South Yarra, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Year Built: 1888

Address: 30 Fitzgerald Street, , South Yarra Victoria, 3141

The foundation stone of St Joseph’s Church was laid on 18 March 1888 and the building opened on 28 October 1888. Designed by architects Tappin, Gilbert & Dennehy, this is a large cruciform brick building in the Gothic style with stucco dressings, tower and spire. Further additions were completed in August 1892.

Read More

Subiaco, WA - St Joseph's Catholic

Subiaco, WA - St Joseph's Catholic

Year Built: 1933

Address: 1 Salvador Road, , Subiaco Western Australia, 6008

The Foundation stone was laid on 5 November 1933 by his Grace Archbishop Clune D.D. The Architect was E Henderson and the builder was C.W. Arnott.

Read More

Warragul, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Warragul, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Address: Witton Street, , Warragul Victoria, 3820

Around 1907 preparations were in hand for the new parish church. The plans of the architects Reed, Smart and Tappin, which provided for a Romanesque structure, with apse and sanctuary to be added later, were adopted. The foundation stone was laid by the Bishop on 9th June, 1907 and on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception the church was…

Read More

Warrnambool, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Warrnambool, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Year Built: 1872

Address: 169 Kepler Street, , Warrnambool Victoria, 3280

The church was constructed in Decorated Gothic style in blurstone quarried from a local quarry. Construction was commenced in 1869-1872 to the design of William Wardell, although possibly supervised by a local designer and resident, Samuel Parker. The western bays of the nave and the tower and broach spire were completed in 1886-1. The…

Read More

Watcham, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Watcham, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Address: 75 Camp Street, , Watcham Victoria, 3482

The town survey was carried out in 1877 and two equal sites of two roods and four tenths of a perch with one chain frontages to Camp Street and a sidage to Skewes Street were granted on payment of £5.0.6. It was n these two sites that the first church was built. The first church was blessed and opened by Bishop Moore of Ballarat. In…

Read More

Willunga, SA - St Joseph's Catholic

Willunga, SA - St Joseph's Catholic

Year Built: 1845

Address: 12 St Jude Street, , Willunga South Australia, 5172

In April 1845 Bishop Murphy celebrated the First Mass in Willunga (probably in a private home) and returned in 1847 to help organise the building of a Church. A collection was taken up which realised 72/10/- and the decision was made to build a church. Father Michael O'Brien was appointed, but never resided in the parish. When visiting…

Read More

Wonthaggi, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Wonthaggi, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Year Built: 1977

Address: Dowling Street, , Wonthaggi Victoria, 3995

The first Catholic Church in what is now the Parish of Wonthaggi was built on land near the junction of Heslop's Road and the main road to Melbourne. Prior to this priests would travel from Dandenong to say mass and minister to Catholic settlers in homes or other shelters. In 1911 plans were produced for the first church by Mr C.J. Rice…

Read More