Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name


Blackburn, VIC - St Thomas' Catholic

Blackburn, VIC - St Thomas' Catholic

Address: 57 Central Road, , Blackburn Victoria, 3130

Read More

Blackburn, VIC - The Avenue Uniting

Blackburn, VIC - The Avenue Uniting

Year Built: 1960

Address: Corner The Avenue & Blackburn Road, , Blackburn Victoria, 3130

The first Presbyterian Church was erected in 1926. In the 1950's there was already a small brick Presbyterian Church , but with post war expansion this proved inadequate. The worshipping community worked hard to give expression to an expanded vision for the area and the "new" Presbyterian church. The foundation stone of the current…

Read More

Blackmans Bay, TAS - Salvation Army

Blackmans Bay, TAS - Salvation Army

Address: 3 Opal Avenue, , Blackmans Bay Tasmania, 7052

Read More

Blackmans Bay, TAS - St Peter's Anglican

Blackmans Bay, TAS - St Peter's Anglican

Year Built: 1968

Address: Corner Roslyn & Pearsall Avenue, , Blackmans Bay Tasmania, 7052

The Foundation stone was laid on 4 August 1968 by the Archdeacon of Hobart I.J.B. McDonald.

Read More

Blackmans Bay, TAS - St Pius X Catholic

Blackmans Bay, TAS - St Pius X Catholic

Year Built: 1957

Address: 98 Chennel Highway, , Blackmans Bay Tasmania, 7052

The Church was designed by the well known Tasmanian architect J.H.E. Dorney and constructed in 1957.

Read More

Blackstone, QLD - Methodist

Blackstone, QLD - Methodist

Year Built: 1879

Address: 14 Mary Street, , Blackstone Queensland, 4304

A plaque reads, " The original Blackstone Congregational Church designed by architect Will Haenke was built in 1879 and faced Thomas Street. Around 1900 the church was expanded by adding a larger structure which faced Mary Street. The original building was retained and incorporated into this addition, and used as a hall. The Samoan…

Read More

Blackstone, QLD - Welsh

Blackstone, QLD - Welsh

Year Built: 1886

Address: 6 Thomas Street, , Blackstone Queensland, 4304

The Church was designed by Samuel Shenton and built in 1886 by Worley & Whitehead. The church was known as the Welsh Union Church in the early years but was being called the United Welsh Church by the early 20th century. The church building opened officially on 16 October 1886. A plaque reads, " This stone is erected to commemorate…

Read More

Blacktown, NSW - Baptist

Blacktown, NSW - Baptist

Year Built: 1963

Address: Cnr Harold and Sackville Streets, , Blacktown New South Wales, 2148

The Church was started by the McLean family who felt there was a need for a Baptist church in the Blacktown area and donated the land. The original timber church hall was built in the early 1930’s and the current brick Church building was opened in 1963. A Foundation plaque reads, " To the Glory of God this new Church and Christian…

Read More

Blacktown, NSW - Blacktown South Croatia Catholic

Blacktown, NSW - Blacktown South Croatia Catholic

Address: 70 Douglas Road, , Blacktown New South Wales, 2148

From the main Croatian website the following was translated, " Croatian Franciscans have been living and working among the Croats in Sydney since the middle of 1957 as caretakers of Croatian Catholics. In their activities, they followed the same path as the majority of Croatian post-war settlers: together with Croatian believers, they…

Read More

Blacktown, NSW - Fellowship Baptist

Blacktown, NSW - Fellowship Baptist

Address: 87 Frederick Street, , Blacktown New South Wales, 2148

Read More

Blacktown, NSW - St Michael's Catholic

Blacktown, NSW - St Michael's Catholic

Address: 58 Orwell Street, , Blacktown New South Wales, 2148

Read More

Blacktown, NSW - St Nicholas' Serbian Orthodox

Blacktown, NSW - St Nicholas' Serbian Orthodox

Year Built: 1967

Address: 33 Second Avenue, , New South Wales, 2148

In 1967 the foundation stone of the Church was blessed by His Grace Bishop Dimitrije (Balac) on 29 January 1967 when Ljubomir Vucurovic was also ordained a deacon. In 1971 the Church was consecrated on 12 June by His Grace Dimitrije (Balac) the Serbian Orthodox Bishop for Australia and New Zealand.

Read More

Blacktown, NSW - Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Transfiguration

Blacktown, NSW - Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Transfiguration

Address: 35A Kildare Road, , Blacktown New South Wales, 2148

Read More

Blacktown, NSW - Uniting

Blacktown, NSW - Uniting

Address: 59 - 65 Bungarribee Road, , Blacktown New South Wales, 2148

Read More

Blackwater, QLD - Uniting

Blackwater, QLD - Uniting

Address: 1 Coolibah Street, , Blackwater Queensland, 4717

Read More

Blackwood, VIC - All Sain't Anglican

Blackwood, VIC - All Sain't Anglican

Address: Prayer Hill Lane, , Blackwood Victoria, 3458

Read More

Blair Athol, SA - St Clement's Anglican

Blair Athol, SA - St Clement's Anglican

Year Built: 1858

Address: 341 Main North Road, , Blair Athol South Australia, 5084

The Church was opened in 1858. Stained glass windows by world acclaimed South Australian glass artist, Cedar Prest.

Read More

Blampied, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic (Former)

Blampied, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic (Former)

Year Built: 1869

Address: 3478 Midland Highway, , Blampied Victoria, 3364

Of Gothic revival and constructed of bluestone the Church consists of a nave of five bays, a large chancel and lateral sacristies with a double gable, not often seen on country churches. The Church was sold in 2021.

Read More

Blanchtown, SA - Advent Lutheran

Blanchtown, SA - Advent Lutheran

Year Built: 1903

Address: Paisley Road, , Blanchtown South Australia, 5357

The first Lutheran pastor was Pastor Peter Bonifacuis Hoefner, who lived on the East side of the Paisley river and conducted services at his home from 1896 to 1901. In 1901 Pastor Hoefner moved from the Blanchetown district to Queensland. The congregation then joined the Stonefield Parish whose pastor was Pastor J. P. Lohe. On February…

Read More

Blandford, NSW - St Luke's Anglican (Former)

Blandford, NSW - St Luke's Anglican (Former)

Year Built: 1880

Address: 90 Salidbury Street, , Blandford New South Wales, 2338

Sold in 2016.

Read More

Blayney, NSW - Baptist

Blayney, NSW - Baptist

Address: 63 Adelaide Street, , Blayney New South Wales, 2799

Read More

Blayney, NSW - Christ Church Anglican

Blayney, NSW - Christ Church Anglican

Year Built: 1870

Address: 88 Adelaide Street, , Blayney New South Wales, 2799

The Foundation stone was laid in 1870 and the Church was consecrated in 1901.

Read More

Blayney, NSW - St Paul's Presbyterian

Blayney, NSW - St Paul's Presbyterian

Year Built: 1861

Address: 71 Adelaide Street, , Blayney New South Wales, 2799

The foundation stone was laid in July 1861 and the church was opened on 6 April 1862 with Reverend James Adam holding the first church service. In 1870, the building was enhanced by the addition of an attractive bell tower, with shingled steeple. The cost of St Paul’s was £300 exclusive of the pulpit and seats.

Read More

Blayney, NSW - Uniting

Blayney, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1886

Address: 92 Adelaide Street, , Blayney New South Wales, 2799

The current church was built from 1885 to 1886 at a cost of approximately £1,144 by Bathurst contractor James Atkins. The church, designed in the Victorian Carpenter Gothic style by architect James Hine, opened on 5 September 1886. It was renovated c. 1940. The second Methodist church, now the church hall and Sunday school, was a brick…

Read More

Blyth, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Blyth, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Year Built: 1970

Address: South Terrace, , Blyth South Australia, 5462

The Foundation stone was laid in 1970.

Read More

Bodalla, NSW - All Saints' Anglican

Bodalla, NSW - All Saints' Anglican

Year Built: 1880

Address: 42 Princess Highway, , Bodalla New South Wales, 2545

The foundation stone was laid by Thomas Mort's widow, Marianne (second wife) on 18 March, 1880. The service was conducted by John Selwyn, second Bishop of Melanesia, who later married Mort's elder daughter, Annie, to whose memory the window in the Baptistry is dedicated. The building was finished in 1901. Still lacking the intended spire,…

Read More

Bodalla, NSW - St Edmund's Catholic

Bodalla, NSW - St Edmund's Catholic

Address: 162 Princes Highway, , Bodalla New South Wales, 2545

The Church was established in 1886 and a noticeboard reads, " Built in 1886 in memory of Robert Coveny by Laidley and Mary Mort".

Read More

Bodalla, NSW - Uniting

Bodalla, NSW - Uniting

Address: 103 Princess Highway, , Bodalla New South Wales, 2545

Read More

Bogangar, NSW - Anglican

Bogangar, NSW - Anglican

Address: 101 Cabarita Road, , Bogangar New South Wales, 2488

Read More

Boggabilla, NSW - St Alban's Anglican

Boggabilla, NSW - St Alban's Anglican

Address: 113 Merriwa Street, , Boggabilla New South Wales, 2409

Read More

Boisdale, VIC - St George's Anglican

Boisdale, VIC - St George's Anglican

Address: Main Street, , Boisdale Victoria, 3860

A plaque on the brick fence reads, " This fence is erected in memory of Trevor Harvey Died Dec 9th 1952".

Read More

Bomaderry, NSW - Presbyterian

Bomaderry, NSW - Presbyterian

Address: 8 Meroo Street, , Bomaderry New South Wales, 2541

Read More

Bomaderry, NSW - Sacred Heart Catholic

Bomaderry, NSW - Sacred Heart Catholic

Year Built: 1962

Address: 46 Bunberry Street, , Bomaderry New South Wales, 2541

Read More

Bomaderry, NSW - St Stephen's Anglican

Bomaderry, NSW - St Stephen's Anglican

Year Built: 1993

Address: W Birilley Street, , Bomaderry New South Wales, 2541

A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this Foundation stone was laid by Archbishop Donald Robertson AO MA ThD dedicating this building to the Glory of God on Sunday the 31st of January 1993".

Read More

Bomaderry, NSW - Uniting

Bomaderry, NSW - Uniting

Address: 23 Bunberry Street, , Bomaderry New South Wales, 2541

Read More

Bombala, NSW - St Mary's Catholic

Bombala, NSW - St Mary's Catholic

Year Built: 1941

Address: 30 Queen Street, , Bombala New South Wales, 2632

The first St Mary's was built in 1867. Father Patrick Newman was the first resident priest in 1864. Prior to this, priests travelled from Queanbeyan and Cooma.

Read More

Bombala, NSW - St Matthias Anglican

Bombala, NSW - St Matthias Anglican

Address: Cardwell Street, , Bombala New South Wales, 2632

The first ministrations of the Church in the area now comprised in the present parish of Bombala were rendered by the Rev. E. G. Pryce, appointed in 1843 to "The District of Maneroo "beyond the limits of location." His registers show an intimate acquaintance with the older settlements (mainly stations) in the Bombala parish. The Boucher…

Read More

Bombala, NSW - Uniting (Former)

Bombala, NSW - Uniting (Former)

Address: 59 Maybe Street, , Bombala New South Wales, 2632

A Closure Service was held at the Church in 2018.

Read More

Bonbeach, VIC - Baptist

Bonbeach, VIC - Baptist

Address: 67 Bondi Road, , Bonbeach Victoria, 3196

Read More

Bondi Junction, NSW - Holy Cross Catholic

Bondi Junction, NSW - Holy Cross Catholic

Year Built: 1907

Address: 15 Adelaide Street, , Bondi Junction New South Wales, 2022

The original church was built in 1907 and enlarged twice. The present church (AUSTIN MACKAY) was opened in 1940 and is of Art Deco style with Romanesque windows and prominent stained glass depicting the 14 Stations of the Cross. The Foundation stone was laid in 1939.

Read More