Year Built: 1925
Address: 59 Holyrood Street, , Hampton Victoria, 3188
A Foundation stone reads, " This Foundation stone was laid by The Most Reverend D Mannix D.D. Archbishop of Melbourne on 2nd November 1924, Rev W.B. Mangan M.A. Pastor". The project cost approximately £3,600 to build.
Address: 30 Buckley Street, , Harcourt Victoria, 3453
Formerley a Methodist Church.The first Methodist service was held in January 1860 but by June 1861 services had been discontinued. Further attempts were made in 1863 when the Circuit Local Preachers' Meeting resolved that preaching should be held at Harcourt each Sunday afternoon. The church is of Gothic style and consists of a three…
Year Built: 1915
Address: Derby Street, , Harden New South Wales, 2587
Formerly a Presbyterian church it was erected by Mr and Mrs William E. Ross as a gift and in memory of their parent. The Church was opened on 15 December 1915 by the Right Reverend R. Scott West State Moderator of the Presbyterian Church of Australia.
Address: Niemeyer's Road, , Hatton Vale Queensland, 4341
The first church building at Hatton Vale was dedicated in 1889 and extended in 1926. The story of the Apostolic Church of Queensland really starts in 1883, when Heinrich Friedrich Niemeyer was send to Australia as an evangelist by the Allgemeine Christliche Apostolische Mission (ACAM). Together with his wife and three children he…
Year Built: 1923
Address: 13 Hampton Street, , Hawthorn South Australia, 5062
Formerly a Presbyterian Church. This Neo Gothic brick and sandstone building was erected in 1923. Additions on two sides made in 1971.The Foundation stone was laid by Reverend J.A. Mc Lellan on 15 September 1923.
Year Built: 1853
Address: 2 Denham Street, , Hawthorn Victoria, 3122
A bluestone Gothic church erected in 1853-4 to the design of Charles Vickers, this is one of the earliest surviving substantial suburban churches in Melbourne. Further additions were made in 1873 (chancel and temporary organ chamber) and in 1886 (extension of nave and addition of north transept). The Foundation stone was laid 19th…
Year Built: 1910
Address: 10 Power Street, , Hawthorn Victoria, 3122
In 1895 the West Hawthorn Presbyterian Church was established in Grove Road however it was burnt down in 1961. The Foundation stone to the current church was laid on 19 July 1910 by James Dyer Esq. The Architect was H. W. & F B Tompkins and the Builders were J Bennell and Son.
Year Built: 1899
Address: Corner High & Ryrie Streets, , Healesville Victoria, 3777
November 1899 saw the first new parish mission established in Healesville by Reverend Patrick Gleeson who had arrived in Melbourne from Ireland on September 9. He had already served at West Melbourne, Mansfield, Castlemaine and St Kilda East before arriving in Healesville. At the turn of the 20th century St Bridget's Hall on the corner…
Address: Symons Street, , Healesville Victoria, 3777
The first denominational building in Healesville was the Church of England. In the late 1860's on a plot of land ( CAll, ( CA 11, Section F ) donated in perpetuity by John Chandler, chandler and John Carter built a small paling and shingle church with timber cut from nearby trees; this is where the vicarage now stands. This building was…
Year Built: 1937
Address: Maroondah Highway, , Healesville Victoria, 3777
Formerly Scots' Presbyterian Church, it was constructed in 1937. The foundation stone was laid on 21 August 1937 by W F Bon, whose mother had donated a significant amount to the church building fund. The church was designed by Melbourne architects Scarborough, Robertson and Love and was constructed by a Mr Adam of Fernshaw. The church…
Address: Northern Highway, , Heathcote Victoria, 3523
The Church was constructed by local builders Flee and Bell to the design of Bendigo based architects Vahland & Getzschmann. The foundation stone was laid by Bishop Charles Perry on the afternoon of Monday the 11th May 1868 and officially opened for services on the 3rd October 1869. The bell was a gift by Messrs Christie and Spinks.…
Address: 183 Burgundy Street, , Heidelberg Victoria, 3084
Formerly a Presbyterian Church the first services were held at the invitation of Mr Alexander Duncan father of the late Mrs Geo Smith of Bulleen, in a barn in Bulleen Road. The first church was located in Jika Street opposite the current Police Station and the land was purched by the then Reverend Gunn. The building was of brick and…
Year Built: 1849
Address: 1 Burgundy Street, , Heidelberg Victoria, 3084
One of Melbourne's earliest churches it was built between 1849 and 1851 in Gothic style to a design by John Gill. The architect was Mr G. R. Cox who had designed an early English Gothic church of brick with a square tower. Heidelberg was originally called Warrigal and the first Anglican clergyman to be stationed there was the Rev. Dr…
Address: Gunn Street, , Helidon Queensland, 4344
The local Hotel owner Mr Daniel Lynch donated the land where the church is located. Initially known as St Andrews St Josephs was opened in December 1866. In mid 1874 the Sisters of St Joseph came to Helidon and a convent was established in 1884. A cyclonic hail storm hit Helidon in 1914 completely demolishing the Church and causing a…
Year Built: 1922
Address: Corner Military Road & South Street, , Henley Beach South Australia, 5022
The Foundation stone was laid on 11 February 1922 by John Barker Esq.
Year Built: 1922
Address: Corner Durham & Military Road, , Henley Beach South Australia, 5022
The original Foundation stone was laid on 25 November 1922 by G.S. Wright and Jas Shearing. The Henley Fulham Congregation was formed on 31st October 1999 from an amalgamation of three congregations: Fulham, Temple and Wesley.