Year Built: 1855
Address: 3 Fletcher Street, , Stanley Tasmania, 7331
The Church sits on land granted by the Van Diemen's Land Company. The building was bought in London in 1855 the first pre fabricated church to be brought to Tasmania and transported to Stanley at a total cost of £400. On anniversary days the church would overflow while the hall next door was frequently booked for wedding breakfasts and…
Address: Corner Canterbury & Warrigal Roads, , Surrey Hills Victoria, 3127
The first divine worship at Surrey Hills 6 February 1887 took place in a Recreation Hall in Windsor Crescent. These services continued until a wooden church was built in Boundary Road (now Warrigal Road) and opened for use in March 1889.* In September, 1909, the committee reported that tenders had been called for, ( a new church) and…
Year Built: 1824
Address: 44 Margaret Street, , Sydney New South Wales, 2000
The Church was founded in the 1820's by the Reverend John Dunmore Lang and is the oldest Presbyterian Church in Australia. The foundation stone for the original church was laid by Governor Brisbane on 1st July 1824. A stone church, with a plain tower, seating 1000 people, was opened on 16th July 1826. The actual cost was 3000 and it…
Address: 11 South Street, , Tarrana Tasmania, 7180
The Church was built in the early 1880's using funds donated by James MacLanachan. The church was first located in Tunbridge and transported to Tarrana in 1972. The land was donated by Mrs Ioleath Tatnell. The Church was last used in 2004 due to poor attendances. Purchased in 2009 by Laurie Tattnell as a Heritage Museum.
Address: Stawell Street, , Tarraville Victoria, 3971
In 1866 a timber Church was built in Stawell Street, on land previously granted. Architecturally the structure had little to commend it. With a porch stuck in front the building was inferior in appearance to Scots Church at Port Albert. Nevertheless it was a vast improvement on the small "Manse Hall". The Tarraville Church was…
Year Built: 1912
Address: 241 Hogan Street, , Tatura Victoria, 3616
The current Church was built in 1912 while the original Church which is now the St Andrews Hall was built in 1882. A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by George Stewart Esq Gowrie Park 1st May 1912".
Year Built: 1858
Address: 42 Pyke Street, , Teesdale Victoria, 3328
The simple, astylar building was constructed in 1858 of bluestone. The Church was the first public building to be erected in the township of Teesdale and one of the first permanent places of worship for the district's Scottish Presbyterian squatters and free settlers. In the 1950's a weatherboard extension at the rear was erected,…
Year Built: 1930
Address: DeBoos Street, , Temora New South Wales, 2666
The first church of 1881 was the current church hall. The Foundation stone was laid on 11 June 1930 by the Right Reverend C.A. White B.A. Moderator Presbyterian Church in NSW. The Presbyterian Hall was originally the church. It was built in 1881 and dedicated in 1882.
Year Built: 1890
Address: High Street, , Terang Victoria, 3264
The Church was designed by Reed, Smart & Tappin as a memorial to John Thomson, of 'Keilambete', who was killed in 1890 after engaging the architects. John Thomson squatted on Lake Keilambete (6 km north-west of Terang) in 1840. He is said to have built the first brick house in the district, was appointed a magistrate in 1840 and was…
Year Built: 1974
Address: 119 Wills Street, , Townsville Queensland, 4810
The first meeting of the Committee was held in the Town Hall on 20th March, 1884. Robert Philp presided. (Mr. Philp later on became Premier of Queensland and 'Sir Robert'). At a subsequent meeting held on 22nd April, the Committee decided to proceed with the building of a Church on the land already purchased, cost of same when completed…
Address: 59 Main Street, , Ulverstone Tasmania, 7315
At a ceremony in May, 1910, the dual foundation stones of the church at Ulverstone were laid by Colonel Cameron and Hon. E. Hobbs, then warden of the town. It was completed and opened on 20th November, 1910. Later the Presbyterian Church at Sheffield was brought to Ulverstone and re-erected as the Sunday School, alongside the church.…
Year Built: 1890
Address: Church Street, , Wagga Wagga New South Wales, 2650
St Andrew's Presbyterian Church was constructed in about 1890 and is designed in Victorian Academic Gothic style and is built of brick and sandstone. The Original Foundation stone was laid on 6 October 1869 by Sir Alfred Steven Chief Justice of New South Wales. The steep, gabled roof is clad with slate. St Andrew's has a landmark tower…
Year Built: 1982
Address: Rowan Street, , Wangaratta Victoria, 3677
The Wangaratta Presbyterian church was founded in 1859. The current Church was erected in 1982. The Foundation stone was laid by the Right Reverend E.R. Pearson's on 18 December 1982. The Minister was Reverend P.W. Hastie B. Jur. B. TH.
Address: Woolock Street, , Warracknabeal Victoria, 3393
The Church was established in 1858. Two brothers, Andrew Scott, of "Warracknabeal West," and Robert. whose home was on the other side of the creek, were amongst the staunchest supporters of the Church at its beginning and afterwards. The first services were held in a cottage near to Mr Andrew Scott's home. With the growth of the…
Address: 103 Yarra Street, , Warrandyte Victoria, 3113
Alexander Speers purchased land here in 1876. His wife, Bathia Speers, inherited in the property in 1889 and donated the land for religious purposes. She is commemorated in a window in the chapel. A Former Presbyterian Church now an Art gallery.
Address: Spence Street, , Warrnambool Victoria, 3280
The Church was built of local sandstone and dedicated in July, 1875. The architect was Andrew Kerr and the cost of the building was £4,330. The church was enlarged in 1885 with transepts being added. It features a memorial plaque to the shipwreck Enterprise. The church was destroyed by fire in 1920 but was rebuilt by 1922.