State: Queensland, Denomination: Anglican
Year Built: 1887
Address: New England Highway, , Allora Queensland, 4362
St. David's Church, Allora is a timber, Gothic Revival style church prominently located at the end of the main thoroughfare of the town, was constructed in 1887-88 to the design of leading Queensland colonial architect F.D.G Stanley. This building is the second church to be built on the site, which also contains a rectory designed by…
Year Built: 1951
Address: 286 Waterworks Road, , Ashgrove Queensland, 4060
The first sketch plans for the new church were prepared by a local resident, Mr. R. Moreton Taylor, who was at that time the Principal Architect of the Commonwealth Department of Works and Housing. The church was opened and dedicated by Archbishop Hale on 15 June 1952 and was the second church to be built on the site, replacing the…
Year Built: 1954
Address: 395 Milton Road, , Auchenflower Queensland, 4066
In 1923 when the church was first commenced services were held in a local school room until the new church was opened on 18 November 1923. The first Anglican Church of St Alban the Martyr in Auchenflower was dedicated by Archbishop Sharp on 18 November 1923. The foundation stone of a new brick church was set and blessed by Archbishop…
Year Built: 1929
Address: 9 Froude Street, , Banyo Queensland, 4014
This timber interwar church was opened in 1929, eleven years after the land was purchased for the purpose of providing the Nundah/Banyo parish with a hall. Designed by local architect W.C. Nicholls, the church was extended in 1954 and became a separate parish to Nundah in 1974.
Year Built: 1899
Address: 83 Elm Street, , Barcaldine Queensland, 4725
At first, services at Barcaldine were held in the court house. In 1898 a handsome bequest from England, known as the Marriott bequest, contributed £250 to the cost of a church and a committee was formed to begin the work. Plans were drawn up with input from Archdeacon George Halford. In 1913 the church was completed by extending the nave…
Year Built: 1912
Address: 278 Ford Street, , Berserker Queensland, 4701
The Church is a small Gothic style timber building and is heritage-listed. It was built in 1912. It was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 5 August 2003. The site of St John's Mission Church was purchased in 1891 by Edward Costello.
Year Built: 1988
Address: 45 Brighton Street, , Biggers Waters Queensland, 4126
A Foundation stone reads, " The Church of St James in the Parochial District of Biggera Waters inaugurated and dedicated by The Right Reverend Ralph E. Wicks O.B.E. Assistant Bishop of Brisbane on 11th May 1988 The Reverend Denis C. Landman M.B.E. Parish Priest Peter Woolley Bert Morris Church Wardens".
Address: 76 Kariboe Street, , Biloela Queensland, 4715
A plaque reads, To the Glory of Almighty God - This Ministry Centre of St Gabriel the Archangel was consecrated on Saturday July 5 1986 by The Right Rev George Hearn BA Th Schol Dip RE Ninth Bishop of the Diocese of Rockhampton". A further plaque reads, " To the Glory of Almighty God This Ministry Centre was dedicated on Saturday May…
Address: 10 Church Street, , Boonah Queensland, 4310
The earliest recorded visit by a clergyman seems to be in August, 1848, when the Rev. Benjamin. Glennie held services in private homes during his journey from Brisbane to the Darling Downs. St. Paul's, Ipswich Parish magazine of March 31st, 1887, notes that the curate, Rev. H. Simmonds, visits Fassifern, Dugandan, Coochin and Maroon on a…
Address: 10 Banya Street, , Bongaree Queensland, 4507
In April 1927, fifty-nine pounds, five shillings and seven pence was handed to the building committee and on April 21 an announcement was made in the Humpybong Weekly that Bribie residents intended to build a church to be known as St. Peters. By August 1928 with over £200 held by the building committee the Diocesan Council authorised a…
Year Built: 1959
Address: 44 North Road, , Brighton Queensland, 4017
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was set by Reginald Archbishop of Brisbane 14th November 1959 J.L. Farrell and J.G. Taylor Church Wardens J.C. Thomson Rector".
Year Built: 1909
Address: 373 Ann Stret, , Brisbane Queensland, 4000
St John's Cathedral is unique in Australia as the completion of the building design was achieved through collaboration between clergy, stonemasons and architects over a period of almost 100 years, as with Romanesque and Gothic cathedrals in the Middle Ages and, more recently, 20th-century cathedrals such as Liverpool Cathedral in England.…
Year Built: 1927
Address: 59 Woongarra Street, , Bundaberg Queensland, 4670
The first Anglican Church in Bundaberg was built in Quay Street in 1876. The building was moved to Woongarra Street, near the present site, in 1899. The foundation stone for the church was laid on August 9, 1920 by Bishop Le Fenu. The Church was constructed in 1927 featuring a gothic style with characteristics including pointed arches…
Year Built: 1961
Address: 14 Park Avenue, , Burleigh Heads Queensland, 4220
A Foundation stone reads, " A.M.D.G. And in memory of those who gave their lives to preserve our freedom this stone was set by Reginald Archbishop of Brisbane on 29th July 1961. R.F. Ranwell Rector".
Year Built: 1936
Address: 15 Kidston Street, , Canungra Queensland, 4275
On 18 October 1936 the Church was officially opened and dedicated by Archbishop William Wand. The building was designed by architect Raymond Clare Nowland and the contractor was Gordon Rhodes, supervised by architect Thomas Percy. It was built in the Old English Gothic style using rose cedar.
Address: 501 Hamilton Road, , Chermside Queensland, 4032
About 1906-7 Church services began at Chermside in the Public Hall, later School of Arts, on the corner of Hall St and Gympie Road where the original Council Library was built in 1952. The services were conducted by the Rev Cyril Mahew from St Francis' College at Nundah.7 The church paid a rent of £1/5/0 ($2.50 or $115 in 2001 values)8…
Address: 24 Macrossan Street, , Childers Queensland, 4660
It was designed by John Hingeston Buckeridge and built from 1900 to 1958. It is a timber church constructed to the design of Anglican Church architect John H Buckeridge in 1900 is the second church to be built on the site. Initial tenders submitted for Buckeridge's design for Christ Church were considered too high and the plans were…
Year Built: 1899
Address: 23 Victoria Street, , Clayfield Queensland, 4011
The Church was designed in 1899 by J.H. Buckeridge, the Brisbane Anglican Diocesan Architect. The church was situated originally in Franz Road, but was moved to its current location in December 1920.
Year Built: 1960
Address: 103 Bonney Avenue, , Clayfield Queensland, 4011
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Greater Glory of God the War Memorial Church of Saint Mark the Evangelist. This stone was set and blessed by John Coadjutor Bishop of Brisbane on the twentieth day of October 1960. Rev CJE Hogan Rector." A plaque reads, " A.M.D.G. The War Memorial Church of St Mark the Evangelist was consecrated by…
Address: 52 Daintree Street, , Clermont Queensland, 4721
The original was a wooden structure which by 1917 was in a poor state of repair. It was situated in that part of the town built close to two creeks & when these flooded in 1916, killing 56 of the town's citizens, the remaining buildings were moved to higher ground.
Address: 4 Cross Street, , Cleveland Queensland, 4163
The Church was constructed in 1873–1874 on land donated in 1870 by George Thorn of Ipswich. Prior to this, services were held on the verandahs of the former Court House (c.1853) (now Ye Olde Court House Restaurant) and the Grandview Hotel (c.1852). It was designed by James Furnival and built in 1873; it was extended in 1924 to a design by…
Year Built: 1905
Address: Gammie Street, , Clifton Queensland, 4361
The first church was erected in 1890. The second was built in 1905. The successful contractor was Mr. Stay of Allora. The floor has a vestry 'raised to 6 feet. A noticeable feature of the building is its great height compared to its size. This ensures breathing space and ventilation. The church proper, which seats 300, was built on 4 feet…