State: South Australia
Year Built: 1846
Address: Victoria Street, , Gumeracha South Australia, 5233
Founded in 1843 the first services were initially held at the Randells' farm estate. The first stage of the church was built in 1845 on land donated by William Bevis Randell. The building was officially opened in February 1846 with inaugural services conducted by Pastor Thomas Playford, great grandfather of the South Australian Premier…
Year Built: 1859
Address: 5 Wellington Street, , Gumeracha South Australia, 5233
For several years prior to 1859 Wesleyan Methodist services were held at the company's local cattle station. Land for the church was donated by Mr J Monfries and the church was built of stone carted from Kenton Valley. It was officially opened in 1860. A Manse was erected in 1887 and the Vestry was added in 1897 while the front porch…
Year Built: 1858
Address: Corner Balhannah Road & Church Street, , Hahndorf South Australia, 5245
The first Church was a mud-wall building of 1840. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid in 1858. The Church was founded by Prussian Lutheran dissenters, the church still services the oldest existing Lutheran congregation in Australia.
Year Built: 1859
Address: 10 Main Street, , Hahndorf South Australia, 5245
In 1838 a ship called the "Prince George" sailing from Tschichnrzig, not far from Zueaichau, between Brandenburg and Siiesia (Schleswig) in Germany, and berthed at Plymouth Sound, England, on its way to Australia. Here a pastor August Kavel joined the ship. It was this Pastor who was the founder of the congregation of St. Paul's,…
Year Built: 1923
Address: 13 Hampton Street, , Hawthorn South Australia, 5062
Formerly a Presbyterian Church. This Neo Gothic brick and sandstone building was erected in 1923. Additions on two sides made in 1971.The Foundation stone was laid by Reverend J.A. Mc Lellan on 15 September 1923.
Year Built: 1922
Address: Corner Military Road & South Street, , Henley Beach South Australia, 5022
The Foundation stone was laid on 11 February 1922 by John Barker Esq.
Year Built: 1922
Address: Corner Durham & Military Road, , Henley Beach South Australia, 5022
The original Foundation stone was laid on 25 November 1922 by G.S. Wright and Jas Shearing. The Henley Fulham Congregation was formed on 31st October 1999 from an amalgamation of three congregations: Fulham, Temple and Wesley.
Address: 76 Irvine Street, , Jamestown South Australia, 5491
A Mr Techritz offered to draw the plans for a church for Two Guineas and tenders for the building of a church 30 feet x 15 feet were to be called. By May 1875 a Mrs Riddell was busily collecting funds a harmonium and no doubt the committee felt confident that this would soon be housed in a fine church. The Foundation stone was laid by…
Year Built: 1959
Address: Ewing Street, , Kadina South Australia, 5554
The first service was held in the home of Mr F Fiedler and conducted by Pastor J Sabel in 1933. Later that year a congregation was formed. Services were moved to the Protestant Hall in 1945. This hall was later purchased renovated and dedicated on 23 September 1956. This building was not sufficient and it was decided in 1959 a proposal…
Year Built: 1936
Address: 19 Goyder Street, , Kadina South Australia, 5554
The Church was built in 1936 to replace the earlier Church, now used as a hall. The Church is built from stone taken from the Mine Powerhouse and has the pews from the original church within its pseudo Gothic interior. The Foundation stone of this church was laid on 13 October 1936 by the Most Reverend Andrew Killian D.D. Archbishop of…
Year Built: 1856
Address: Crase Street, , Kapunda South Australia, 5373
The foundation stone was laid 28 April 1856 by Dr Blood. The interior of the church is restful and dignified. Small sanctuary and large chancel flanked by organ and choir stools to form the transept. The nave piers go hard up against the wall on each side. The roof is a scissor beam which is exposed and very pleasant. Enlarged 1868,…
Year Built: 1880
Address: South Terrace, , Kapunda South Australia, 5373
Regular services commenced as early as 1880 at Bagot Well, mainly in the homes of various members including those of J.H. Schultz and Mr and Mrs Rudolf Hoffmann. In 1900, Pastor J. J. Stolz came to Light Pass and the services at Bagot Well ceased. In 1905, members of Immanuel Synod settled near Kapunda, and desired a church of their…
Year Built: 1849
Address: Church Street, , Kapunda South Australia, 5373
The Church is of Gothic style and replaced a Chapel built behind it in the main street in 1849 and a still earlier (c 1845) hut at the mine. It was built as a Wesleyan Methodist church in 1858. The stone mason was Thomas Harding. A foundation stone was laid on 29 August 1894 and is set in the church wall. The Church opened 25 December…
Year Built: 1910
Address: Heritage Street, , Keith South Australia, 5267
The 1910 Church, formerly the Congregational Church was built from local limestone carted in from nearby farms by the Church parishioners.In Gothic style with red brick quoins, and entrance porch and a transverse vestry at the rear. It is operated by the National Trust as a museum. The manse was sold in 1954.
Year Built: 1959
Address: Poplar Street, , Keith South Australia, 5267
The first Lutheran's recorded in the Keith area were that of J August Rohde's family in 1888. Between then and 1948 a visiting Pastor conducted services in the Keith area. Between then and the close of the Second World War there is no records of Lutheran activities in the Keith area. The first substantive service was held on 15 August…
Year Built: 1850
Address: 27 Grenfell Street, , Kent Town South Australia, 5067
The suburb of Kent Town was named after Dr B A Kent who was the first resident of the area. A large number of Wesleyans lived in the newly developed suburb. As early as 1850 they held services in a cottage occupied by Mr Henry Broad on the corner of Beulah Road and Fullarton Road. The Wesleyans recognized the need for a church and when…
Year Built: 1865
Address: 905 Keyneton Road, , Keyneton South Australia, 5353
Built in 1865 as an Independent / Congregational Chapel. During 1965 Keyneton and Eden Valley Congregational Churches joined with Mount Pleasant and South Ryan Presbyterian to become Uniting Parish of Keyneton – Mount Pleasant (Uniting Church). It was transferred from the Uniting Church in Australia to private ownership around 2008.
Year Built: 1959
Address: McDonnell Street, , Kingston SE South Australia, 5275
The original Foundation stone was laid on 1 March 1959 by the very Reverend J.W. Gleeson D.D. The current Church was dedicated on 19 December 2009 by the most Reverend Phillip Wilson D.D. J.C.L. Archbishop of Adelaide.