Address: 107 Springfield Road, , Blackburn North Victoria, 3130
In 1883 a building had been constructed on the corner of Whitehorse road and Francom Street. This became the main centre for Anglican worship but in 1889 it was moved to Box Hill and was later burnt down. The foundation meeting for an Anglican church in Blackburn was held in the home of Thomas Morton in Blackburn Road, was attended by…
Year Built: 1999
Address: 46 Orchard Grove, , Blackburn South Victoria, 3130
A wall plaque reads, " This Church was blessed by Most Reverend T. F. Little D.D. KBE Archbishop of Melbourne on the Feast of St Luke October 18 1999".
Year Built: 1890
Address: 5 Queens Street, , Blackburn Victoria, 3130
The Government granted land in 1861 to the Church of England in Bedford Street - an area which stretched From the present Bedford Street, Box Hill to Canterbury Road, then called Delaney's Road. Charles Bedford was Secretary to the Vestry of the local Church of England for many years. The Bedford Road Church was a brick building also used…
Year Built: 1960
Address: Corner The Avenue & Blackburn Road, , Blackburn Victoria, 3130
The first Presbyterian Church was erected in 1926. In the 1950's there was already a small brick Presbyterian Church , but with post war expansion this proved inadequate. The worshipping community worked hard to give expression to an expanded vision for the area and the "new" Presbyterian church. The foundation stone of the current…
Year Built: 1879
Address: 14 Mary Street, , Blackstone Queensland, 4304
A plaque reads, " The original Blackstone Congregational Church designed by architect Will Haenke was built in 1879 and faced Thomas Street. Around 1900 the church was expanded by adding a larger structure which faced Mary Street. The original building was retained and incorporated into this addition, and used as a hall. The Samoan…
Year Built: 1886
Address: 6 Thomas Street, , Blackstone Queensland, 4304
The Church was designed by Samuel Shenton and built in 1886 by Worley & Whitehead. The church was known as the Welsh Union Church in the early years but was being called the United Welsh Church by the early 20th century. The church building opened officially on 16 October 1886. A plaque reads, " This stone is erected to commemorate…
Year Built: 1869
Address: 3478 Midland Highway, , Blampied Victoria, 3364
Of Gothic revival and constructed of bluestone the Church consists of a nave of five bays, a large chancel and lateral sacristies with a double gable, not often seen on country churches. The Church was sold in 2021.
Year Built: 1903
Address: Paisley Road, , Blanchtown South Australia, 5357
The first Lutheran pastor was Pastor Peter Bonifacuis Hoefner, who lived on the East side of the Paisley river and conducted services at his home from 1896 to 1901. In 1901 Pastor Hoefner moved from the Blanchetown district to Queensland. The congregation then joined the Stonefield Parish whose pastor was Pastor J. P. Lohe. On February…
Year Built: 1861
Address: 71 Adelaide Street, , Blayney New South Wales, 2799
The foundation stone was laid in July 1861 and the church was opened on 6 April 1862 with Reverend James Adam holding the first church service. In 1870, the building was enhanced by the addition of an attractive bell tower, with shingled steeple. The cost of St Paul’s was £300 exclusive of the pulpit and seats.
Year Built: 1886
Address: 92 Adelaide Street, , Blayney New South Wales, 2799
The current church was built from 1885 to 1886 at a cost of approximately £1,144 by Bathurst contractor James Atkins. The church, designed in the Victorian Carpenter Gothic style by architect James Hine, opened on 5 September 1886. It was renovated c. 1940. The second Methodist church, now the church hall and Sunday school, was a brick…
Year Built: 1993
Address: W Birilley Street, , Bomaderry New South Wales, 2541
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this Foundation stone was laid by Archbishop Donald Robertson AO MA ThD dedicating this building to the Glory of God on Sunday the 31st of January 1993".
Address: Cardwell Street, , Bombala New South Wales, 2632
The first ministrations of the Church in the area now comprised in the present parish of Bombala were rendered by the Rev. E. G. Pryce, appointed in 1843 to "The District of Maneroo "beyond the limits of location." His registers show an intimate acquaintance with the older settlements (mainly stations) in the Bombala parish. The Boucher…
Year Built: 1907
Address: 15 Adelaide Street, , Bondi Junction New South Wales, 2022
The original church was built in 1907 and enlarged twice. The present church (AUSTIN MACKAY) was opened in 1940 and is of Art Deco style with Romanesque windows and prominent stained glass depicting the 14 Stations of the Cross. The Foundation stone was laid in 1939.
Year Built: 1910
Address: Fagan Drive, , Bookham New South Wales, 2582
A Foundation stone reads, " St Columba's Church Foundation stone blessed and laid 14th Aug 1910 by Right Rev J. Gallagher D.D. Bishop of Goulburn Rev John Sharkey Rector". Today the Church is in private hands.