Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

Denomination: Anglican


Tarragindi, QLD - St Luke's Anglican

Tarragindi, QLD - St Luke's Anglican

Address: 193 Ekibin Road E, , Tarragindi Queensland, 4121

A plaque reads, " This Peace Memorial Church has been erected in Gratitude to God for the ending of hostilities and to perpetuate the memory of thos who made the supreme sacrifice 1939 - 1945".

Read More

Tarraville, VIC - Christ Church Anglican

Tarraville, VIC - Christ Church Anglican

Address: Tyers Street, , Tarraville Victoria, 3971

The Church is a rectangular timber Gothic Revival building which was built in 1855 to the design of J H Pettit, doyen of Gippsland architects, but much in the manner of the ecclesiologically inspired Selwyn churches designed by Frederick Thatcher in New Zealand. Constructed of wood, the church has been painted blue and cream. It has…

Read More

Tarrawingee, VIC - St Stephen's Anglican (Former)

Tarrawingee, VIC - St Stephen's Anglican (Former)

Year Built: 1888

Address: 2261 Beechworth-Wangaratta Road, , Tarrawingee Victoria, 3678

Constructed in 1888 and designed by Gordon & Gordon. The Church was put up for sale in 2022.

Read More

Tathra, NSW - St Martin by the Sea Anglican

Tathra, NSW - St Martin by the Sea Anglican

Address: 50 Bega Street, , Tathra New South Wales, 2550

Read More

Tatura, VIC - All Saints Anglican

Tatura, VIC - All Saints Anglican

Address: 18 Francis Street, , Tatura Victoria, 3616

A wall plaque on the Church halls reads, "To the Glory of God this Foundation stone was set in place by Ronald fifth Bishop of Bendigo 27th February 1960".

Read More

Tea Tree, TAS - St Thomas' Anglican

Tea Tree, TAS - St Thomas' Anglican

Year Built: 1881

Address: Corner Tea Tree & Middle Tea Tree Roads, , Tea Tree Tasmania, 7017

In January 1880 the Church of England Diocesan Synod announced preliminary steps to establish a small church at Tea Tree. Rapid progress was made and tenders were called for in August of the same year. In December the foundation stone was laid in a ceremony reported by the Hobart Mercury. The church was officially opened on 2 May 1881…

Read More

Temora, NSW - All Saints' Anglican

Temora, NSW - All Saints' Anglican

Address: Loftus Street, , Temora New South Wales, 2666

Read More

Temora, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Temora, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Year Built: 1906

Address: Corner DeBoos & Loftus Streets, , Temora New South Wales, 2666

A Brick church consisitng of nave, chancel, vestry and tower-porch. Built in 1906 from the designs by Henry Laker, Shire Engineer at a cost of £2,000. It was licenced on 8/2/1907 and dedicated two days later. The pulpit is a memorial to Sergt Randal Watterson (Fleurbaix 18/7/1916). There is a window to the memorial of Sergt Thomas…

Read More

Templestowe, VIC - St Mark's Anglican

Templestowe, VIC - St Mark's Anglican

Address: Dellfield Drive, , Templestowe Victoria, 3106

Read More

Terang, VIC - All Saint's Anglican

Terang, VIC - All Saint's Anglican

Year Built: 1898

Address: Thompson Street, , Terang Victoria, 3264

The Church was erected in 1898 and moved to its current site in 1905.

Read More

Terrey Hills, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Terrey Hills, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Address: Yulong Avenue Cnr Mona Vale Road, , Terrey Hills New South Wales, 2084

A wall plaque reads, " The Creation of the Parish of Terrey Hills celebrated by The Most Rev. Kanishk & Raffel The Rev. Scott Tarrant and the church family of St. Paul's to the glory of God 1st July, 2021 'Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs". A further wall plaque…

Read More

Texas, QLD - All Saints Anglican

Texas, QLD - All Saints Anglican

Year Built: 1980

Address: 1 Broadway E, , Texas Queensland, 4385

A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this church was consecrated on Sunday 2nd March 1980 by the Most Rev Doctor F. Arnott - Archbishop of Brisbane". A further stone reads, " All Saints Church Texas to the Glory of God this stone was laid by the Most Rev Dr F. R. Arnott Archbishop of Brisbane on Monday 8th October 1979. Vicar…

Read More

Thangool, QLD - St Andrew's Anglican

Thangool, QLD - St Andrew's Anglican

Address: 35 Stanley Street, , Thangool Queensland, 4716

Read More

Theodore, QLD - St George Anglican

Theodore, QLD - St George Anglican

Address: 49 The Blvd, , Theodore Queensland, 4719

The Church was dedicated on 4 January, 1931 by Bishop Fortescue Leo Ash Fourth Bishop of Rockhampton. Members of the Bush Brotherhood of S.Andrew 1931 - 1949 ( from 1931 - 1949 Theodore was part of the Westwood Mission District and from 1949 -1958 it was part of the Rockhampton Mission District, by 1949 the Brotherhood had ceased to have…

Read More

Thirroul, NSW - St David's Anglican

Thirroul, NSW - St David's Anglican

Year Built: 1956

Address: 3 Roxburgh Avenue, , Thirroul New South Wales, 2515

A Foundation stone reads, : To the Glory of God this stone was laid by The Most Reverend H.W.K. Mowll CMG DD Lord Archbishop of Sydney August 11th 1956".

Read More

Thornbury, VIC - St James the Great Anglican

Thornbury, VIC - St James the Great Anglican

Year Built: 1976

Address: Pender Street, , Thornbury Victoria, 3071

A Foundation stone was laid on 2 October 1976 by the most Reverend Frank Woods K.B.E. D.D. Archbishop of Melbourne. Another Foundation stone was laid on 8 June 1969 by Robert Dann Archdeacon. The builder recorded on this stone was A.F.K. Block and the Architect was M.J. Flynn.

Read More

Thorpdale, VIC - St Mark's Anglican

Thorpdale, VIC - St Mark's Anglican

Address: Corner Johnson & Robinson Streets, , Thorpdale Victoria, 3835

Read More

Tocumwal, NSW - St Alban's Anglican

Tocumwal, NSW - St Alban's Anglican

Year Built: 1899

Address: Duff Street, , Tocumwal New South Wales, 2714

A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by Mrs H.E. Casey 19th October 1899". The Church was designed by Architect George Gilbert Scott.

Read More

Tongala, VIC - St James Anglican

Tongala, VIC - St James Anglican

Year Built: 1957

Address: St James Street, , Tongala Victoria, 3621

The first church was built in 1913. During 1882 - 1883 an attempt by the Church of England to establish services in the Tongala area proved unsucessful and so it continued for a time under Rochester then in the 1890's under Tatura and later under Kyabrum. By 1912 services and Sunday school were being held in the Public Hall in Magan…

Read More

Toogong, NSW - St Albans Anglican

Toogong, NSW - St Albans Anglican

Address: Forbes Street, , Toogong New South Wales, 2864

Read More

Toolamba, VIC - Anglican (Former)

Toolamba, VIC - Anglican (Former)

Year Built: 1913

Address: Rutherford Road, , Toolamba Victoria, 3614

A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by The Right Rev J.D. Langley D.D. 26th November 1913 Assisted by Mrs S. Pogue" A plaque on the front gate post reads, " To the Glory of God and in memory of Chaplain Charles H. Patmore who paid the supreme sacrifice Feb 1942"

Read More

Toora, VIC - St Thomas' Anglican (Former)

Toora, VIC - St Thomas' Anglican (Former)

Year Built: 1892

Address: 7 Dutton Street, , Toora Victoria, 3962

The family of Edward Charles Lousada was prominent in life at this church in the period 1908-11, and the Truscott family was also active. A Historical marker outside the church reads, In November 1889 Mr Stanley Sheppard donated land on which it was proposed that a brick church be built at a cost of 500 pounds. The Bishop of Melbourne…

Read More

Tooradin, VIC - Christ Church Anglican

Tooradin, VIC - Christ Church Anglican

Year Built: 1900

Address: 61 South Gippsland Highway, , Tooradin Victoria, 3980

The Church was established in 1900. It was designed by HE Tollhurst and constructed by J O'Donnell of Dandenong. The cost of the building was 175 (with a further 40 for 20 pews and 2 for an altar rail). Built of weatherboard with a gable iron roof with air vents along the ridge line. The c.1964 era narthex has a low pitched roof. It…

Read More

Toorak, VIC - St John's Anglican

Toorak, VIC - St John's Anglican

Year Built: 1898

Address: 86 Clendon Road, , Toorak Victoria, 3142

The first permanent Anglican Church to be erected in the area was, however, Christ Church South Yarra, the land for which was allotted in 1854 on the present site on the corners of Punt Rd and Toorak Rd. Residents of Toorak, including the Governor, initially travelled to Christ Church to attend church services, a distance of more than 2…

Read More

Toowong, QLD - St Thomas' Anglican

Toowong, QLD - St Thomas' Anglican

Address: Corner Jephson & High Streets, , Toowong Queensland, 4066

The Foundation stone was laid on 17 February 1877 by Mathew Blagden Hale Bishop of Brisbane. The rebuilding of the Bell Tower and replacement of the cross in 1986 was funded by the Parish with assistance from the Federal Government as a Bicentenial Project. A Diamond Jubilee Service was held on 28 September 1930. The offerings were for…

Read More

Toowoomba, QLD - St Luke's Anglican

Toowoomba, QLD - St Luke's Anglican

Address: Corner Ruthven & Herries Streets, , Toowoomba Queensland, 4350

A small school room was first erected on the site in 1857. In the 1860s, a fund was begun to finance a new and more substantial Church. Land situated near the new railway station was offered by the Honourable James Taylor and it was decided to use this land to erect the new Church, which was dedicated to St James in 1869. In 1894 plans…

Read More

Torquay, VIC - St Lukes Anglican

Torquay, VIC - St Lukes Anglican

Address: 17 Pride Street, , Torquay Victoria, 3228

While early Anglican families gathered for worship at odd times from 1917, regular services began on the first Sunday in August in 1946 and were held in the Torquay Public Hall. The Ladies' Guild was formed on the 14th of August in the same year. The St Luke's Church building was transported from Fyansford in March 1947, and dedicated…

Read More

Townsville, QLD - St James Anglican

Townsville, QLD - St James Anglican

Year Built: 1887

Address: 36 Cleveland Terrace, , Townsville Queensland, 4810

The first Anglican church was established on Melton Hill, purchased with the aid of parishioners at a sale of crown lands and work began on the on 24 May 1871. The structure was constructed of weatherboard with a shingle roof. The current Church was designed by Arthur Blacket and was built in 1887 by MacMahon & Cliffe. It was added to the…

Read More

Towrang, NSW - St John's Anglican

Towrang, NSW - St John's Anglican

Year Built: 1928

Address: 492 Towrang Road, , Towrang New South Wales, 2580

Prior to building of the first church services were held in a room ajoining the store. In 1905 Mr Edward Johnson gave an acre of gorund for the site of a Church. The Committee then purchased an additional half acre and a wooden church was built. The building by 1928 was in a dangerous condition so the old church was demolished and a new…

Read More

Trafalgar, VIC - St Mary's Anglican

Trafalgar, VIC - St Mary's Anglican

Year Built: 1926

Address: Corner Church & Contingent Streets, , Trafalgar Victoria, 3824

The first St Mary's Church was opened in 1883 and it was replaced by a second St Mary's in 1906 and a third St Mary's in 1926. The Foundation stone of the third church was laid on 8 June 1926 by the Right Reverend C.H. Cranswick Bishop of Gippsland. Architects were Cawler and Drummond and the church was built by C Ball.

Read More

Traralgon, VIC - St James Anglican

Traralgon, VIC - St James Anglican

Address: 100 Grey Street, , Traralgon Victoria, 3844

The first incumbent appointed was the Reverend Thomas Moorehouse (spelt differently than Bishop Moorhouse) and it is said that he built St James in 1879 - 80, largely with his own hands. The first St James church was licenced on 28 February 1880. The second St James was licenced on 7 October 1922.

Read More

Travancore, VIC - St George's Anglican

Travancore, VIC - St George's Anglican

Address: Corner Lucknow & Baroda Streets, , Travancore Victoria, 3032

The Foundation stone was laid on 2 May 1925 by his Excellency the Earl of Stradbroke Governor of Victoria. The church is constructed of red brick and was designed by architect Louis Williams and opened for worship in 1925. Williams envisaged a large church with tower, church hall and vicarage however, the church was never built and a…

Read More

Trentham, VIC - Anglican

Trentham, VIC - Anglican

Address: 58 High Street, , Trentham Victoria, 3458

The first Church service was held in 1864, the year the town was surveyed. The first church was a wooden building fronting Albert Street. It opened after 1882.

Read More

Trevallyn, TAS - St Oswald's Anglican

Trevallyn, TAS - St Oswald's Anglican

Year Built: 1894

Address: 36 Bain Terrace, , Trevallyn Tasmania, 7250

The Church was designed by noted ecclesiastical Architect Alexander North and built by Messrs J and T Gunn whose estimate for the building was £257. The foundation-stone was laid on December 5, 1893, by Bishop Henry Montgomery, The new church was completed in time for the official opening and dedication on 10th April 1894. Bishop…

Read More