Year Built: 1924
Address: 371 Neerim Road, , Carnegie Victoria, 3163
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this Foundation stone of the Parish Church of St Peter's built for the worship of God and the teaching of the Catholic faith was laid by Harrington Clare Archbishop of Melbourne on Whitsun Eve A.D. 1924. Pasce Oves Meas. Louis R Williams Architect, R,J, Werner Builder".
Year Built: 1843
Address: 1 Liffey Street, , Carrick Tasmania, 7291
Built in 1843 and consecrated in 1845 after its conversion from a schoolhouse. Services were first held c1843 in a blacksmith's shop and subsequently in a schoolhouse, whose building was later transformed into St Andrew's. Thomas Reibey had the schoolhouse converted by 1845, though the tower was added in 1863. The church's burial ground…
Year Built: 1875
Address: Corner Clarence & Kooyong Roads, , Caulfield South Victoria, 3162
The Revd H.B. Macartney purchased a small weatherboard former Methodist Church, known as St Peter's Mission Church, Camden Town, in 1875, on the corner of Glen Huntly Road and Cedar Street. After this, Messrs. R.W. B. Mackenzie, and I..J. Davies and J.H. Davies officiating as lay readers from St Mary's, were among the first people to take…
Year Built: 1864
Address: 281 Glen Ira Road, , Caulfield Victoria, 3162
The first Anglican service held in Caulfield was conducted by the Reverend Samuel Taylor (from St Andrew's Brighton) and Reverend David Seddon (of Christ Church St Kilda) in Park Street. An early English Gothic design by the architectural firm of Reed and Barnes. The Church is constructed of bluestone and was erected between 1870 and…
Year Built: 1963
Address: 3 Armstrong Street, , Charlton Victoria, 3525
The first Church was built in 1889. A Foundation stone reads, "In Memory of the fallen in Two World Wars the Foundation stone of this Church of St Martin built for the worship of God was set by Allen Second Bishop of St Arnaud on 28 April 1963. G.B. Lucas Rector."
Year Built: 1966
Address: 161 Park Road, , Cheltenham Victoria, 3192
A Foundation stone on the old church reads, " This stone was laid by The Bishop of Melbourne June 19th 1905 Church first opened April 14th 1867". A Foundation stone on the hall at the rear of the old church reads, " This Foundation stone was laid by his Grace the Archbishop the Most Reverend J.J. Booth C.M.C. M.C. D. D. on 28th April…
Year Built: 1870
Address: Albert Road, , Chiltern Victoria, 3683
During 1869 services were held in the Old Fellows hall. Erected over a period between 1870 and 1875, the design was adapted from a church in Ireland. Construction was by James Fitzpatrick. The Foundation stone was laid on 25 April 1870 by Sir William Foster Stawell Chief Justice of the Colony of Victoria. The architects were Pickersgill…
Year Built: 1964
Address: Dinwoodie Avenue, , Clarence Gardens South Australia, 5039
The Foundation stone was laid on 23 February 1964 by the Right Reverend T.T. Reed.
Address: South Terrace, , Clifton Hill Victoria, 3068
St Andrew's Church was constructed in reinforced concrete and bluestone to the designs of North & Williams. The foundation stone was laid on 4 March 19161 and the building dedicated on 30 September of that year.
Year Built: 1890
Address: Gammie Street, , Clifton Queensland, 4361
The first church was erected in 1890. The second was built in 1909. The successful contractor was Mr. Stay of Allora. The floor has a vestry 'raised to 6 feet. A noticeable feature of the building is its great height compared to its size. This ensures breathing space and ventilation. The church proper, which seats 300, was built on 4 feet…
Year Built: 1910
Address: Curdie Street, , Cobden Victoria, 3266
Saint Mary’s Anglican Church was established in about 1866, and is part of the Mission District of Saint Francis of Assisi which encompasses Cobden, Terang, Timboon, Peterborough, Simpson and Camperdown. A Foundation stone was laid by John Murray on 25 August 1910.
Year Built: 1906
Address: Pine Street, , Cobram Victoria, 3644
A Foundation stone reads, " Memorial stone laid by the Bishop of Wangaratta August 24th 1906 Architect and Builder H.H. Farrall". There are another two stones mounted on the front brick pillars. One reads "Erected by the citizens of Cobram 1953". The other reads, " To the Glory of God in Memory of L.G. Hamilton".
Year Built: 1870
Address: Corner Hessie & Pollack Streets, , Colac Victoria, 3250
The Church of St John's is a fine brick building set prominently on a busy corner in the midst of the old residential area of the town. The present building replaces the first church on the site, which was dedicated to St John the Evangelist. The new building constructed from plans prepared by Messrs Henderson and Davidson was opened…
Year Built: 1969
Address: Kookaburra Street, , Coleambally New South Wales, 2707
The church was opened on 25 April 1969 by the Bishop of Riverina.
Year Built: 1884
Address: 7 Richmond Street, , Colebrook Tasmania, 7027
Services were first held in the old probation church of 1835. The plans of this church were given to the Diocesan Registry in 1921 by the Public Works and are now in the State Archives. In 1882 the foundation stone of the church was laid and in March 1884 the new stone church costing £800 was consecrated.
Address: 7 Poke Street, , Cooee Tasmania, 7320
In 1931 the Anglican Church was offered £4000 by Mrs Anna Maria Boston of Cooee to build a church in memory of her daughter Alice. A Foundation stone reads, "To the greater glory of God and in memory of Alice Boston this church was erected by her mother Mrs A.M. Boston. The Foundation stone being unveiled by Archdeacon Atkinson B.A.…
Year Built: 1886
Address: 123 Brook Street, , Coogee New South Wales, 2034
The Foundation stone was laid by the Bishop of Sydney Bishop Alfred Barry D.D. on 18 December 1886. The following year St. Nicolas Anglican was consecrated. In 1905 the church building was almost completed destroyed by fire. The Church was reopened in 1906. Between 1917 and 1944, St. Nicolas Coogee was instrumental in establishing…
Year Built: 1972
Address: Bourke Street, , Cootamundra New South Wales, 2590
The first Church was of sawn slabs. This was pulled down and re-erected as a Mission Church at South Cootamundra, whilst a further Church was built of galvanised iron and was put up and served as a Church. This still exists as an adjunct to the parish hail. The second Church was built in 1877, dedicated on 12/7/1878 and consecrated by…
Year Built: 1883
Address: Federation Avenue, , Corowa New South Wales, 2646
The Church was built at Corowa on land donated by John Foord. The Church was opened in November 1883. The architects were Gordon and Gordon, of Albury and Corowa. Constructed in red brick, the building is designed in a Gothic style.
Year Built: 1870
Address: 102 Thompson Avenue, , Cowes Victoria, 3922
The site of this Church was reserved for church purposes on the 12th April 1869 and was described in official language as being "crown allot 18 and part of 17 of Section 7" and fronting the main street of Cowes. The style of the building was not in the traditional Gothic style of the times but had a flat ceiling and round headed…
Year Built: 1911
Address: 58 Brandis Street, , Crystal Brook South Australia, 5523
The Foundation stone was laid on 11 April 1885 by Bishop Kennion and Reverend Mr Corvan and dedicated on 31 August 1885 according to the Adelaide Observer. Another The Foundation stone was laid on 29 March 1911 by Reverend Arch Deacon Samwell.
Year Built: 1878
Address: 10 Dans Road, , Curramulka South Australia, 5580
Curramulka came under the care of the SYP missioners in 1878 and Reverend W F Marshall, who lived at Edithburgh visited the area on several occasion's. These and other services were conducted in the school, the institute or peoples homes. In 1910 Mr Talbot donated land for a church, and by 1914 the church was built. It was dedicated for…
Year Built: 1875
Address: George Street, , Cygnet Tasmania, 7112
The church building was begun in 1874, opened in 1875 and dedicatcd in 1876 at a cost of 1,208, Additions were made in October 1894 and the church consecrated. Further additions were made in 1913, and in April 1918 a new vestry was dedicated as a memorial to the Lymington church which had been destroyed by fire. A Foundation stone was…
Year Built: 1922
Address: 153 Cunningham Street, , Dalby Queensland, 4405
The Foundation stone was laid by the Right Honourable H.W.B. Forster of Lepe on 29 August 1922. St John's Church, Dalby is a brick church constructed in 1922-1923 to the design of Harry Marks and is the third church of this name on the site. The previous timber church, built in 1876, remained on the site in a modified form as part of a…
Address: Deans Marsh Road, , Deans Marsh Victoria, 3235
By 1883 the construction of a church on land donated by Robert Bell was underway. The builders were Thomas Hunt and John Anderson and the church was opened on 27 January 1884 and dedicated to St Paul by the Reverend W.E. Mantell. For the first twenty one years Readers in Charge conducted regular services under the Archdeacon of…
Year Built: 1870
Address: Main South Road, , Delamere South Australia, 5204
Constructed in a local basalt-like stone with cut sandstone dressings to windows and quoins. Foundation stone was laid 19 September 1870 by Archbishop Bussel. It was dedicated and opened by Bishop Augustus Short, attended by the Governor of the State. The floor is well tiled, the font is from St Peter's, Britford and is over 200 years…