Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

Denomination: Anglican


Clifton Hill, VIC - St Andrew's Anglican

Clifton Hill, VIC - St Andrew's Anglican

Address: South Terrace, , Clifton Hill Victoria, 3068

St Andrew's Church was constructed in reinforced concrete and bluestone to the designs of North & Williams. The foundation stone was laid on 4 March 19161 and the building dedicated on 30 September of that year.

Read More

Clifton, QLD - All Saints Anglican

Clifton, QLD - All Saints Anglican

Year Built: 1905

Address: Gammie Street, , Clifton Queensland, 4361

The first church was erected in 1890. The second was built in 1905. The successful contractor was Mr. Stay of Allora. The floor has a vestry 'raised to 6 feet. A noticeable feature of the building is its great height compared to its size. This ensures breathing space and ventilation. The church proper, which seats 300, was built on 4 feet…

Read More

Clinton, QLD - St Peter's Anglican

Clinton, QLD - St Peter's Anglican

Address: 50 J Hickey Avenue, , Clinton Queensland, 4680

Read More

Cloncurry, QLD - St Andrew's Anglican

Cloncurry, QLD - St Andrew's Anglican

Address: 92 Uhr Street, , Cloncurry Queensland, 4824

Read More

Clontarf, QLD - St Peter's Anglican

Clontarf, QLD - St Peter's Anglican

Address: 13 Lucinda Street, , Clontarf Queensland, 4019

Read More

Clovelly, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Clovelly, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Address: Corner Arden & Varna Streets, , Clovelly New South Wales, 2031

Read More

Clunes, VIC - St Paul's Anglican

Clunes, VIC - St Paul's Anglican

Year Built: 1870

Address: 9 Templeton Street, , Clunes Victoria, 3370

The former church was built in 1859-60 on a different site, in Fraser Street, and as a single nave. The later church, built in 1870-71 of bluestone with cement dressings, is in the Decorated Gothic mode, and is the only identifiable Australian work of the architect Thomas Austin of Austin and Johnson. The style is Later Gothic.

Read More

Cobargo, NSW - Christ Church Anglican

Cobargo, NSW - Christ Church Anglican

Year Built: 1923

Address: 5 Hoyer Street, , Cabargo New South Wales, 2550

A Foundation stone reads, " Christ Church This Foundation stone was laid 3rd March 1923 by Ven Archdeacon Dore Bryant B.D. G.E. Morris Rector. R.W. Thatcher Architect".

Read More

Cobden, VIC - St Mary's Anglican

Cobden, VIC - St Mary's Anglican

Year Built: 1910

Address: Curdie Street, , Cobden Victoria, 3266

Saint Mary’s Anglican Church was established in about 1866, and is part of the Mission District of Saint Francis of Assisi which encompasses Cobden, Terang, Timboon, Peterborough, Simpson and Camperdown. A Foundation stone was laid by John Murray on 25 August 1910.

Read More

Cobram, VIC - St Margaret's Anglican

Cobram, VIC - St Margaret's Anglican

Year Built: 1906

Address: Pine Street, , Cobram Victoria, 3644

A Foundation stone reads, " Memorial stone laid by the Bishop of Wangaratta August 24th 1906 Architect and Builder H.H. Farrall". There are another two stones mounted on the front brick pillars. One reads "Erected by the citizens of Cobram 1953". The other reads, " To the Glory of God in Memory of L.G. Hamilton".

Read More

Coburg, VIC - St Alban's Anglican

Coburg, VIC - St Alban's Anglican

Address: 256 Raynard Street, , Coburg Victoria, 3058

Read More

Cockatoo, VIC - St Luke's Anglican

Cockatoo, VIC - St Luke's Anglican

Address: McBride Street, , Cockatoo Victoria, 3781

Read More

Coffs Harbour, NSW - St John the Evangelist Anglican

Coffs Harbour, NSW - St John the Evangelist Anglican

Year Built: 1972

Address: 2 McLean Street, , Coffs Harbour New South Wales, 2450

Land at McLean Street allowed minimum development of a new church and the planned vicarage it seems that the new St John's had been built alongside the little St. John's to allow continuity of services. Diocesan records show that St. John's was built on Lots 1-30 which allowed for a vicarage. The architect/designer's name was Grant. The…

Read More

Cohuna, VIC - Anglican

Cohuna, VIC - Anglican

Address: 32 Channel Street, , Cohuna Victoria, 3568

Read More

Colac, VIC - St John's Anglican

Colac, VIC - St John's Anglican

Year Built: 1870

Address: Corner Hessie & Pollack Streets, , Colac Victoria, 3250

The Church of St John's is a fine brick building set prominently on a busy corner in the midst of the old residential area of the town. The present building replaces the first church on the site, which was dedicated to St John the Evangelist. The new building constructed from plans prepared by Messrs Henderson and Davidson was opened…

Read More

Coleambally, NSW - St Mark the Evangelist Anglican

Coleambally, NSW - St Mark the Evangelist Anglican

Year Built: 1969

Address: Kookaburra Street, , Coleambally New South Wales, 2707

The church was opened on 25 April 1969 by the Bishop of Riverina.

Read More

Colebrook, TAS - St James of Jerusalem Anglican

Colebrook, TAS - St James of Jerusalem Anglican

Year Built: 1884

Address: 7 Richmond Street, , Colebrook Tasmania, 7027

Services were first held in the old probation church of 1835. The plans of this church were given to the Diocesan Registry in 1921 by the Public Works and are now in the State Archives. In 1882 the foundation stone of the church was laid and in March 1884 the new stone church costing £800 was consecrated.

Read More

Collector, NSW - All Saints' Anglican

Collector, NSW - All Saints' Anglican

Year Built: 1859

Address: Bourke Street, , Collector New South Wales, 2581

Read More

Collie, NSW - Anglican (Former)

Collie, NSW - Anglican (Former)

Address: Coonamble Street, , Collie New South Wales, 2827

Now a private dwelling.

Read More

Collingwood Park, QLD - Anglican

Collingwood Park, QLD - Anglican

Address: 40 Reerden Street, , Collingwood Park Queensland, 4301

Read More

Colo Vale, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Colo Vale, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Address: 45 Church Avenue, , Colo Vale New South Wales, 2575

Read More

Colonel Light Gardens, SA - All Saints' Anglican

Colonel Light Gardens, SA - All Saints' Anglican

Address: Bedford Square, , Colonel Light Gardens South Australia, 5041

Read More

Como, WA - St Augustine's Anglican

Como, WA - St Augustine's Anglican

Year Built: 1935

Address: Park Street, , Como Western Australia, 6152

The Foundation stone was laid on 3 March 1935.

Read More

Concord, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Concord, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Address: 17 Burton Street, , Concord New South Wales, 2137

Read More

Cooee, TAS - St David's Anglican (Former)

Cooee, TAS - St David's Anglican (Former)

Address: 7 Poke Street, , Cooee Tasmania, 7320

In 1931 the Anglican Church was offered £4000 by Mrs Anna Maria Boston of Cooee to build a church in memory of her daughter Alice. A Foundation stone reads, "To the greater glory of God and in memory of Alice Boston this church was erected by her mother Mrs A.M. Boston. The Foundation stone being unveiled by Archdeacon Atkinson B.A.…

Read More

Coogee, NSW - St Nicolas' Anglican

Coogee, NSW - St Nicolas' Anglican

Year Built: 1906

Address: 123 Brook Street, , Coogee New South Wales,

The Foundation stone was laid by the Bishop of Sydney Bishop Alfred Barry D.D. on 18 December 1886. The following year St. Nicolas Anglican was consecrated. In 1905 the church building was almost completed destroyed by fire. The Church was re built along similar lines as the original church and reopened in 1906. Between 1917 and 1944,…

Read More

Coogee, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Coogee, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Address: 5 Gregory Street, , South Coogee New South Wales, 2034

Read More

Cook, ACT - Holy Covenant Anglican

Cook, ACT - Holy Covenant Anglican

Address: 89 Dexter Street, , Cook New South Wales,

Read More

Coolah, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Coolah, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Address: 17 Binnia Street, , Coolah New South Wales, 2843

The Parish of Coolah was formed in 1890 to serve the areas of Binnaway, Birriwa, Cobbora, Coolah, Denison Town, Dunedoo, Elong Elong, Leadville, Mendooran, Merrygoen, Rosebank, Turce, and Uarbry, and in 1896 it was transferred form the Diocese of Newcastle to the Diocese of Bathurst.

Read More

Coolamon, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Coolamon, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Year Built: 1905

Address: Corner Mirool & Wade Streets, , Coolamon New South Wales, 2701

In the Cootamundra Herald 20th December 1905 it reads, "On Sunday last him Lordship the Bishop of Riverina conduced the ceremony of the consecration of St Andrew's Church of England, Coolamon. The ceremony was of a most impressive nature, and was an exemplification of tho most beautiful feature of the Anglican religion. Following the…

Read More

Cooma, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Cooma, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Year Built: 1872

Address: 136 Commissioner Street, , Cooma New South Wales, 2630

The Church was completed in 1872, the nave being consecrated by Bishop Thomas, the first Bishop of Goulburn, during the incumbency of the Ven. Archdeacon Druitt. Until 1891 the nave had no tower, - but on October 21st in that year, the last stone of the spire was laid by Mr. C. F. Welch, then Mayor of Cooma. Completion took place in 1892.…

Read More

Coorporoo, QLD - St Stephen's Anglican

Coorporoo, QLD - St Stephen's Anglican

Year Built: 1957

Address: 343 Cavendish Road, , Coorporoo Queensland, 4151

The foundation stone of the present building was laid on 7 July 1957. It was opened and dedicated on 27 April 1958, having been designed by the Brisbane architect, H.G. Driver.

Read More

Cootamundra, NSW - Christ Church Anglican

Cootamundra, NSW - Christ Church Anglican

Year Built: 1972

Address: Bourke Street, , Cootamundra New South Wales, 2590

The first Church was of sawn slabs. This was pulled down and re-erected as a Mission Church at South Cootamundra, whilst a further Church was built of galvanised iron and was put up and served as a Church. This still exists as an adjunct to the parish hail. The second Church was built in 1877, dedicated on 12/7/1878 and consecrated by…

Read More

Copmanhurst, NSW - Church of the Holy Apostles Anglican

Copmanhurst, NSW - Church of the Holy Apostles Anglican

Year Built: 1915

Address: 26 Sussex Street, , Copmanhurst New South Wales, 2460

The first Anglican church was built in Copmanhurst in 1871, and like the first school, it was situated to the west of the village reserve at what is now known as Upper Copmanhurst. In 1915 it was replaced by the present Church of the Holy Apostles in Copmanhurst village.

Read More

Copping, TAS - St Paul's Anglican

Copping, TAS - St Paul's Anglican

Address: 2202 Arthur Highway, , Copping Tasmania, 7174

Read More

Coramba, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Coramba, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Address: 15 Dorrigo Street, , Coramba New South Wales, 2450

St Paul's Anglican church is on the block of land donated by William Gale. Foundations and timber for the church were supplied by Andrew Morton and the iron for the roof by Dan Baker. The foundation block of St. Paul's, Coramba was laid on 28th April 1898. During a ten day tour on horseback of this part of the Diocese of Grafton &…

Read More

Corinella, VIC - St George's Anglican

Corinella, VIC - St George's Anglican

Year Built: 1952

Address: 24 Smythe Street, , Corinella Victoria, 3984

A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by The Right Reverend D.B. Blackwood M.A. TH.D. V.D. 9th October 1952. Vicar The Reverend J.H. Shilton TH.L.".

Read More

Corowa, NSW - St John's Anglican

Corowa, NSW - St John's Anglican

Year Built: 1883

Address: Federation Avenue, , Corowa New South Wales, 2646

The Church was built at Corowa on land donated by John Foord. The Church was opened in November 1883. The architects were Gordon and Gordon, of Albury and Corowa. Constructed in red brick, the building is designed in a Gothic style.

Read More

Corrimal, NSW - St Michael's Anglican

Corrimal, NSW - St Michael's Anglican

Address: 121 Princes Highway, , Corrimal New South Wales, 2518

A Foundation stone reads, " A.M.D.G. 11th Jan 1896 This Foundation stone was re set by The Rt Rev G.R.Delbridge Bishop of Wollongong on 16th August 1969 Rector The Rev R.W. McDonald".

Read More

Corryong, VIC - All Saints' Anglican

Corryong, VIC - All Saints' Anglican

Address: 145 Hanson Street, , Corryong Victoria, 3707

Read More