Year Built: 1859
Address: 4518 Kiewa Street, , Albury New South Wales,
The Albury Anglican Parish was established in February 1850 and by 1851 the first rector Henry Elliott had arrived. By 1856 a plan by Sydney architect Edmund Blacket was accepted and work began in 1857. The first portion: nave, south porch and tower base, was opened on March 13 1859. The external walls were of local Monument Hill…
Year Built: 1874
Address: High Street, , Broadford Victoria, 3658
The (new) Church was opened on 26 April 1874. It was built by a Mr Woods. In 1892 Kilmore and Broadford seperated and on Easter Sunday the Rev H. Braddock was inducted as Broadford's first resident Priest. The Church was consecrated 19 years after it opened by Bishop Goe.
Year Built: 1966
Address: 161 Park Road, , Cheltenham Victoria, 3192
At a meeting of the congregation on 1st February, 1865, the Rev. S. Taylor was authorized to apply for a grant of land on which to build a church. Part of the Government Reserve was chosen — the triangular piece of land on which St Matthew's now stands In 1867, a separate Parish of Cheltenham was created, and baptisms (of adults as…
Year Built: 1900
Address: Esk Street, , Crows Nest Queensland, 4355
The church was built, and opened in 1900, and named St Matthew's in honour of the donor of the land. The Sisters of St. Joseph to the Parish, and the building of the Convent school was opened on 15 July, 1917. As of 2007 the church did not have a resident Priest.
Address: Corner Thear & McKillop Street, , East Geelong Victoria, 3219
Officially opened on 6 February 1890 by Canon Goodman Vicar of Christ Church, the original building was situated on the corner of Fitzroy Street with Services being conducted by the Vicar of Christ Church or the Curate or Mr G.F. Belcher. In 1919 negotiations were opened for the purchase of part of the old Geelong Grammar School sports…
Year Built: 1879
Address: 22 Chapel Lane, , Jamberoo New South Wales, 2533
The first Church was erected in 1839 on land donated by the O'Mara family. The Foundation stone was laid on 18 November 1875 by Bishop Vaughan. The church was blessed and opened on 7 September 1879 by Archbishop Roger Vaughan.
Year Built: 1915
Address: Stewart Street, , Leadville New South Wales, 2844
The first St. Matthew's Anglican Church at Leadville, was a slab construction on the side of the now closed Post Office in Garland Street. The land on which this Church stood was acquired by the Trustees, George Henry Cox, Edward James Lowe and William Latimer on 11th April 1892, and it is thought the Church was built very shortly…
Year Built: 1823
Address: 6 Bathurst Street, , New Norfolk Tasmania, 7140
Construction of the church commenced in 1823 under the direction of the Colonial Architect David Lambe. Plans were prepared in 1870 for an impressive bell tower and clock for the church and one was designed by Molesworth Jeffrey of "Bournbank". he clock was never installed and was later installed in the Invalid Hospital. The first…
Year Built: 1935
Address: 17 Monash Avenue, , Olinda Victoria, 3788
In 1903 St Matthews Church of England was erected on this site by a small but determined congregation of Olinda Pioneers. Dedication of the church was celebrated by Archdeacon A.W. Handley on 9 July 1903. Early services were conducted by Lay Reader W.R. Newton. Reverend Newton after his ordination in 1904 continued to travel from Clergy…
Year Built: 1912
Address: Corner Kangaroo Ground St Andrews Road & Church Road, , Panton Hill Victoria, 3759
The first church service's in Panton Hill was held in an axe split paling building opposite the current Hotel. The land for the church was granted by a local by the name of James Owens Hughes a school teacher living in Cherry Tree Road. The transfer of title occurred in January of 1896. A tender by Mr William Coutie was accepted to build…
Year Built: 1878
Address: 157A High Street, , Prahran Victoria, 3181
St Matthew's was built to the designs of architects Terry & Oakden, the contractors were Purves and Rankine. Building commenced in July 1877 and the foundation stone was laid by Bishop James Moorehouse on Saturday the 1st of September 1877. It was formally opened by Bishop Moorehouse on the afternoon of Friday 28th June 1878.. A…
Year Built: 1932
Address: Corner Derby Road & Onslow Street, , Subiaco Western Australia, 6008
Formerly a Methodist Church the foundation stone was laid on 7 May 1932 by Rev Milton Malek President of the Methodist Conference. The Architects were Powell, Cameron and Chisholm.
Year Built: 1904
Address: 10 Rankin Street, , Woodstock New South Wales, 2793
A Foundation stone reads, " A.M.D.G. This stone was laid by Mrs H. Glasson May 30th 1904". The Right Reverend Dr. Charles Cambridge M.A. D.D., 2nd Bishop of Bathurst, consecrated the Church on August 14, 1904.