Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
State: Victoria, Denomination: Uniting
Dingee, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1959
Address: 19 King Street, , Dingee Victoria, 3571
The Church was built in 1959.
Donald, VIC - St Andrews Uniting
Year Built: 1872
Address: Corner Woods & Blair Streets, , Donald Victoria, 3480
The first St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built in 1872. The current church was opened in 1925. It seats 300.
Doncaster East, VIC - Uniting
Address: 152 Andersons Creek Road, , Doncaster East Victoria, 3109
Doncaster, VIC - Pilgrim Uniting
Year Built: 1970
Address: 29 Westfield Drive, , Doncaster Victoria, 3108
The Foundation stone was laid on 4 October 1970 by H.G. Mackay B.A.
Dookie, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting
Year Built: 1957
Address: Turnley Street, , Dookie Victoria, 3646
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Miss Jean Knox 14th June 1957 - Architect Keith Reid - Builder M.J. Hall".
Doreen, VIC - Hazelglen Uniting
Year Built: 1872
Address: Corner Yan Yean & Chapel Road, , Doreen Victoria, 3754
The land upon which the Hazelgen Uniting Church, Mernda Parish, stands was purchased from Henry Walker for 10 shillings. The church was built in 1872. The church was built during the ministry of Wesleyan Minister, the Rev. Charles Dubourg, who also oversaw the erection of churches at Thomastown, Whittlesea and Wollert. It replaced a…
Dromana, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1965
Address: 305 Point Nepean Highway, , Dromana Victoria, 3936
The Foundation stone was laid on 29 May 1965.
Drouin, VIC - Uniting
Address: 9 Sinclair Street, , Drouin Victoria, 3818
Formerly a Methodist Church.
Drysdale, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1887
Address: High Street, , Drysdale Victoria, 3222
The Foundation stone was laid on 24 May 1887 by Rev J.D. Dodgson Ex President of the Conference. This was the fourth site of the Wesleyan and Methodist church and was opened in 1888.
Dunkeld, VIC - Uniting (Former)
Year Built: 1913
Address: 78 Willis Street, , Dunkeld Victoria, 3294
The foundation stone of the Methodist Church, Dunkeld was laid on 16 August 1913 by Mrs G. Taylor. The architects were Clegg, Miller & Cain, of Hamilton, and the builder E.B. Patterson. The building was opened on 17 January 1914 however it is now closed and in privae hands.
Eaglehawke, VIC - Uniting
Address: Peg Leg Road & Kirkwood Road, , Eaglehawk Victoria, 3556
East Ivanhoe, VIC - Uniting (Former)
Year Built: 1941
Address: 6 King Street, , East Ivanhoe Victoria, 3079
The newer church was built in the early 1960s to replace a smaller brick church of 1941, still standing next to the new one, which the then Methodist congregation had outgrown. The Church was designed by Bates, Smart and McCutcheon in a plain but pleasing functional style; it is very similar to the Methodist church they designed in…
East Malvern, VIC - Ewing Memorial Uniting
Year Built: 1910
Address: Corner Burke Road & Coppin Streets, , East Malvern Victoria, 3145
The Foundation stone was laid on 30 July 1910 by the Honourable John Mark Davies M.L.C. The Builder was T Stabb and the Architect was H.W. and F.B. Tompkins.
East Malvern, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1958
Address: Serrell Street, , East Malvern Victoria, 3145
One foundation stone was laid on 29 March 1958 by the Reverend G.B. Campbell.
Echuca, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1901
Address: 115 Hare Street, , Echuca Victoria, 3564
The Presbyterians of Echuca first began worshipping together in 1858. The Church was erected in 1901. A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by Hon G.S. Simme MLC 16th January AD 1901 Gloria Deo".
Echuca, VIC - Uniting (Former)
Year Built: 1869
Address: Percy Street, , Echuca Victoria, 3564
A wall plaque reads, Site of the former Wesley Church. The site of first building erected for public worship in Echuca was a modest brick chapel built in 1864. Echuca's founder, Henry Hopwood, laid the foundation stone and named the building `Echuca Wesleyan Church'. A new building opened in 1869 replaced the run down chapel and in…
Edenhope, VIC - St Mark's Uniting
Year Built: 1960
Address: Corner Elizabeth & Wallace Streets, , Edenhope Victoria, 3318
The first church was built in 1872 behind the present day church. Todays church was built in the early 1960's and opened in 1962. The foundation stone was laid on 14 October 1962.
Edithvale, VIC - Uniting (Former)
Year Built: 1959
Address: 9 Edithvale Road, , Edithvale Victoria, 3196
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by the Rev H.H. Kettle Chairman of the District on March 14th 1959"
Elmore, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1899
Address: Corner of Harvey & Clarke Streets, , Elmore Victoria, 3558
Originally called St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church which opened on June 18 1899.
Elsternwick, VIC - St John's Uniting
Year Built: 1915
Address: 567 Glen Huntly Road, , Elsternwick Victoria, 3188
The first service was conducted by the Rev George Faulds in the Court House (31 October). He is to become the first permanent minister at the Caulfield Presbyterian Church. In 1915 Architects are requested to invite fresh tenders for a new church. The tender for the new church was accepted for £2,787. A Foundation stone reads, " This…
Eltham, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1880
Address: Corner John Street & Main Road, , Eltham Victoria, 3095
The Eltham Wesleyan Methodist began meeting in the home of Mr. Taylor in Mt. Pleasant Road in 1850 and in other houses including the postmaster’s slab hut in Henry St. In 1860 the first church was built in the same street and then 1880 the present church was built on the corner of John St and Main Rd, then called Maria Street. This…
Emerald, VIC - Uniting
Address: 3 - 5 Emerlad Monbulk Road, , Emerald Victoria, 3782
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Epping, VIC - Plenty Valley Uniting
Year Built: 2003
Address: 180 McDonalds Road, Melbourne, Epping Victoria, 3076
The Church was opened on 6 April 2003 by Reverend Bill Gillard the UCA Presbytery of Yarra Valley.
Essendon, VIC - St John's Uniting
Address: Corner Buckley Street & Mount Alexander Road, , Essendon Victoria, 3040
Euroa, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting
Year Built: 1889
Address: Kirkland Street West, , Euroa Victoria, 3666
Formerly a Presbyterian Church. In 1865 the first Presbyterian church services were held in the old Euroa school house and later incorporated in the Church of England rectory. The first church was erected in 1881 in Foy Street. The current church was built in 1889 by Gordon and Duncan and cost £600 while the Sunday School hall was…
Footscray, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1885
Address: 302 Barkly Street, , Footscray Victoria, 3011
A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by the Hon James MacBain M.L.C. August 29th 1885".
Forest Hill, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1916
Address: 333A Canterbury Road, , Forest Hill Victoria, 3131
In August 1864 a public meeting was held at the cottage of Francis Rooks in the forests of Nunawading "for the purpose of taking into consideration the desirability of raising a chapel in connection with the Wesleyan Body". In the chair was Joseph Aspinall. The site first held services in 1870. A Foundation stone reads, "This stone was…
Foster, VIC - Uniting
Address: 14 Station Road, , Foster Victoria, 3960
The Church was built around 1904.
Frankston East, VIC - Uniting
Address: 86 Karingal Drive, , Frankston East Victoria, 3199
In the 1960s a Lutheran Church was built in Frankston. More recently the Lutheran congregation has amalgamated with the Uniting Church congregation and moved to the Uniting Church building where they share the same pastor.
Frankston North, VIC - Uniting
Address: 30 Radiata Street, , Frankston North Victoria, 3200
Frankston, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1958
Address: High Street, , Frankston Victoria, 3199
A Presbyterian Church service was first held in 1916 in an open space beside the then Mechanics Institute. The new Presbyterian congregation was at once attached to the congregations which had already been worshipping for many years at Somerville and at Baxter, then known as Mornington Junction. Two new congregations, at Seaford and…
Geelong, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting
Address: Corner Sydney Parade & Sydney Avenue, , Geelong Victoria, 3220
Formerly a Presbyterian Church. St. Andrew’s was the first Presbyterian Church in the Western District of Victoria with its minister, the Reverend Andrew Love, being the first resident Minister in Geelong. On 24 August 1839, a public meeting of the subscribers to a proposed Presbyterian church and minister’s dwelling in Geelong was…
Geelong, VIC - Wesley Uniting
Address: 100 Yarra Street, , Geelong Victoria, 3220
Formerly the Yarra Street Methodist Church. The Church congregation was established in 1838 and the first church was erected in 1844-46 to design of noted colonial architect Charles Laing. The original Decorated Gothic church, built of brick, was later in 1859 substantially enlarged. The fabric was cement rendered in 1904. The…