Year Built: 1908
Address: Corner Wedge & Arundel Streets, , Benalla Victoria, 3672
The first St Joseph's was built in 1866. The current Church was completed in 1908 in a Romanesque style at a cost of £9,000. The Foundation stone was laid by his Grace the Most Reverend Dr Carr Archbishop of Melbourne on 21 July 1907 assisted by Bishop Reville and Dean Davey 1907. In 1989 a fire destroyed a large part of the building…
Address: Corner Church & Carrier Streets, , Benalla Victoria, 3672
Formerly a Methodist church. The Foundation stone was laid by Reverend John W. Rowse President of the Victorian and Tasmanian Conference on 26 March 1930. The architect was A.S. Eggleston and the builder was R. Mould.
Year Built: 1930
Address: 26 Myers St, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550
A Foundation stone was laid by Mrs William Hunter on 22 March 1930. The Architects of the current Church were G.D. Garvin and C Eathorne. A stuccoed brick church of 1930, which is quite idiosyncratic in detail and gains its distinctive character from the eclectic and not entirely felicitous low relief cement decoration.
Year Built: 1897
Address: 35 - 41 Forest Street, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550
St. John's Presbyterian Church was opened in 1874 and located in Forest Street near the Barnard Street. By 1885 the Church was destroyed by fire. A new Church building was opened in 1897 on the same site. A Foundation stone was laid in November 1858 by Rev L.D. Bevan. In 1949 plans were preparred for the demolition of the church and…
Year Built: 1873
Address: Myer's Street, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550
The cathedral was designed by the architect Robert A. Love. The nave was dedicated in November 1868, the bell tower in 1873 and the chancel and transepts in 1927. Originally a parish church, St Paul's became the diocese's cathedral in 1981. The building is constructed of red brick with stone dressings in an early Gothic style and is…
Year Built: 1960
Address: 122 Jasper Road, , Bentleigh Victoria, 3204
A foundation stone reads " This stone symbol of Christ, Chief corner stone of the church was blessed and set by His Grace Archbishop Simonds 13th November 1960, T O'Sullivan P.P. S. J. Morgan and Associates Architect H.P. Yunken Pty Ltd Builder".
Year Built: 1928
Address: 531 Centre Road, , Bentleigh Victoria, 3204
The Foundation stone was laid on 23 June 1928.
Address: 11 Wallaga Street, , Bermagui New South Wales, 2546
A plaque reads, " All Saints' Bermagui 1911 - 2011 - A service of thanksgiving held to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the dedication of this church on 8th October 1911. The Rt Rev Trevor Edwards Vicar General of the Diocese of Canberra and Sloane Deacon the Rev Elizabeth Sloane 9th October 2011".
Year Built: 1934
Address: 83 Victoria Street, , Berry New South Wales, 2535
The first Presbyterian Church in Berry was erected in a prime location on a hill to the north of the town in the late 1880's, and was built on five acres, donated to the congregation by David Berry. A Foundation reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Right Rev D.F. Brandt May 9th 1934 - Thos J. Darling Architect Rev D.L.…
Year Built: 1935
Address: Albert Street, , Berry New South Wales, 2535
The Church was established in 1870. A Foundation stone reads, "This Foundation stone of St Patrick's Church Berry was solemnly blessed and laid by His Grace The Most Rev M. Sheehan D.D. 24 November 1935".
Year Built: 1954
Address: Foxhow Road, , Berrybank Victoria, 3323
The former church was destroyed by fire on 14 January 1944. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid on 21 April 1954 by William M Clark. The Architect was Keith Reid while the builder was A McHolson.
Year Built: 1885
Address: 105 High Street, , Berwick Victoria, 3806
The first service was held in 1856 in Narre Warren at the residence of Mr Catenach on a fortnightly basis for about a year and then moved to a hut in Berwick owned by a Mr Gardiner. The Church is the oldest church in Berwick, and the congregation was founded amongst Scottish and English settlers in 1857 by Rev Alexander Duff, an Irish…
Year Built: 1956
Address: 125 High Street, , Berwick Victoria, 3806
The first church, built of weatherboard, was erected in 1870. It was originally part of the Brighton Parish. St. Michael's Parish was established in 1956, having previously been part of the parish of Dandenong. In 1956 it became part of the Diocese of Sale. The current Church was opened on 29 April 1984 and was blessed by the Bishop of…
Year Built: 1883
Address: Bethany Road, , Bethany South Australia, 5352
The Church was built in 1883. The design is of simple rectangular plan with gable roof, smaller gabled annex to rear, square tower at front with tall pointed spire, rendered features on facades create a strong outline for the building. Construction - coursed rubble walls, rendered corner strips and windows indicate a reasonably…
Year Built: 1887
Address: 269 Forest Road, , Bexley New South Wales, 2207
The land on which this Church is built was first granted to James Chandler on the 19th October 1831 by Governor Brisbane (1300 acres). The Foundation stone was laid on 24 May 1887 by the ten Minster for Education the Hon James Inglis. The Church was opened for worship by Rev Robert Steel in October 1887. For over 50 years it was known…
Year Built: 1913
Address: Monteagle Street, , Binalong New South Wales, 2584
The first church was located on Church Hill and was called the Church of St Peter's and Paul. The foundation stone of that church was laid in March 1859. It was later demolished. The Foundation stone of the existing Federation style church was laid on 17 September 1911 by the Catholic Bishop of Goulburn Dr Gallagher. Built of local…
Year Built: 1886
Address: Stephens Street, , Binalong New South Wales, 2584
One of the earliest references to the Binalong District as part of the parish of Yass is in the report of the Yass Auxiliary of the Church Society for 1869 when Archdeacon Lillingston is reported to have said, that Yass people were too apt to consider that the world lay between Bowning and the Gap. In the 1871 census Binalong is shown as…
Year Built: 1988
Address: 1 Rundle Street, , Birchip Victoria, 3483
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this Anglican church of St Paul the Apostle was consecrated on 2nd October 1988 by the Rt Revd O.S. Heywood M.A. Bishop of Bendigo (Foundations were blessed on 8th November 1987) This building replaces the original which was dedicated 28 July 1896 by th RT Revd H.E. Cooper M.A. Assistant…