Address: Woolock Street, , Warracknabeal Victoria, 3393
The Church was established in 1858. Two brothers, Andrew Scott, of "Warracknabeal West," and Robert. whose home was on the other side of the creek, were amongst the staunchest supporters of the Church at its beginning and afterwards. The first services were held in a cottage near to Mr Andrew Scott's home. With the growth of the…
Address: 103 Yarra Street, , Warrandyte Victoria, 3113
Alexander Speers purchased land here in 1876. His wife, Bathia Speers, inherited in the property in 1889 and donated the land for religious purposes. She is commemorated in a window in the chapel. A Former Presbyterian Church now an Art gallery.
Address: Spence Street, , Warrnambool Victoria, 3280
The Church was built of local sandstone and dedicated in July, 1875. The architect was Andrew Kerr and the cost of the building was £4,330. The church was enlarged in 1885 with transepts being added. It features a memorial plaque to the shipwreck Enterprise. The church was destroyed by fire in 1920 but was rebuilt by 1922.
Year Built: 1923
Address: 7 McKern Street, , Wentworthville New South Wales , 2145
The Church was originally located in Parramatta, but by the 1920s it was too small to accommodate Parramatta’s growing congregation. In 1925, after the new church was built, demolition work began on the old church. It was believed that the old church would be completley demolished, until Presbyterians in Wentworthville, in need of a…
Address: Gentle Annie Lane, , Whitfield Victoria, 3733
In 1887 the first church in the town was opened which may have been the Presbyterian church. The original church burnt down in March 1914 and services were moved to the Mechanics Institute hall. A new church was built by Mr R Moore and was officially opened on 31 March 1915 by Reverend W Ryde of Bulla.
Year Built: 1870
Address: 87 Cecil Street, , Williamstown Victoria, 3016
The first services in Williamstown in connection with the Presbyterian church were conducted in 1853 in a boat shed where the present Customs House now stands. The Church is of Gothic Revile style designed by archetect Ross and Taylor using bluestone and in the stlye of the Wesleyan church in St Kilda. The tower was completed in 1934.…
Year Built: 1937
Address: 33 Burelli Street, , Wollongong New South Wales, 2500
A plaque on a stone reads, " This stone is from the original Presbyterian Church, which was the first church in Wollongong, and was situated on the north-western corner of Crown & Church streets. The site was given by Charles Throsby Smith Esq., September, 1837. The present site was donated by William Lang Esq., December, 1935. This…
Year Built: 1871
Address: 7 Gray Street, , Woonona New South Wales, 2517
The Presbyterians of Woonona proceeded to erect their church in 1864, land being given by Mr. J. Rolfe in 1870. A successful tender for construction of the church was submitted by Mr. G. Haberley for £204. The church, a modest structure, was opened on 29 September 1871. A plaque at the rear of the Church reads, " St Andrew's…
Year Built: 1895
Address: 16 Mount Street, Wycheproof, Victoria, 3527
The Church was built in 1895. Designed on early English lines, the church dated 1896 was built of red-brick with buttresses and decorated cream-brick trimmings. The arched windows are glazed in diamond shaped leadlight. The high pitched roof is of galvanized corrugated iron. The Sunday School Hall 1912, of timber construction with feature…