Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
State: New South Wales, Denomination: Presbyterian
Albury North, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1974
Address: 402 Wagga Road, , Albury North New South Wales, 2641
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this Foundation stone was laid by Mr W. Stanley Carnie Elder on 27th May 1973. The Church was opened by The Right Reverend Norman Monsen Moderator Assembly New South Wales and dedicated by the Presbytery of Wagga Wagga on 9th November 1974. Minister Reverend Ian C. Davidson".
Annandale, NSW - Hunter Baillie Memorial Presbyterian
Year Built: 1886
Address: Corner Johnson & Collins Streets, , Annandale New South Wales, 2038
Built between 1886 and 1889 and opened in February 1889 the church was a gift by Mrs Helen Hunter Baillie as a memorial to her husband John Baillie who died in 1854. He was a sub-editor of the Colonial Observer and later the Secretary and Inspector of the Bank of New South Wales. The Architect's were Cyril Arthur Blackett son of the…
Ballina, NSW - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1914
A small timber church was built facing Cherry Street and opened on 12th April 1885. This building was moved to face Crane Street before the present church was erected. A Foundation stone reads, " St Stephens Presbyterian Church Ballina This stone was laid by Hugh Gibson Esq Mayor Sept 16th 1914 John Haddon Bates Minister.
Balmain, NSW - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1868
Address: 7 Campbell Street, , Balmain New South Wales, 2041
The first church was erected in 1842 at a cost of £25.00 and was the first church to be built in Balmain. An early stone Victorian Free Gothic style Church constructed in 1867-1868. The Church significantly retains its original form, scale and details particularly the stone façades and roof and associated details and prominent tower…
Barmedman, NSW - St Paul's Presbyterian (Former)
Year Built: 1926
Address: 32 - 34 Queen Street, , Barmedman New South Wales, 2668
The first St Paul's Presbyterian Church Barmedman was a timber structure which was used from late 1890. The present brick structure was opened in March 1927. The Foundation stone was laid on 20 October 1926 by John Stewart. The Church is now in private hands.
Bathurst, NSW - Presbyterian
Address: 72 George Steet, , Bathurst New South Wales, 2795
The Architect was Thomas Rowe.
Berry, NSW - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1934
Address: 83 Victoria Street, , Berry New South Wales, 2535
The first Presbyterian Church in Berry was erected in a prime location on a hill to the north of the town in the late 1880's, and was built on five acres, donated to the congregation by David Berry. A Foundation reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Right Rev D.F. Brandt May 9th 1934 - Thos J. Darling Architect Rev D.L.…
Bexley, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1887
Address: 269 Forest Road, , Bexley New South Wales, 2207
The land on which this Church is built was first granted to James Chandler on the 19th October 1831 by Governor Brisbane (1300 acres). The Foundation stone was laid on 24 May 1887 by the ten Minster for Education the Hon James Inglis. The Church was opened for worship by Rev Robert Steel in October 1887. For over 50 years it was known…
Blayney, NSW - St Paul's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1861
Address: 71 Adelaide Street, , Blayney New South Wales, 2799
The foundation stone was laid in July 1861 and the church was opened on 6 April 1862 with Reverend James Adam holding the first church service. In 1870, the building was enhanced by the addition of an attractive bell tower, with shingled steeple. The cost of St Paul’s was £300 exclusive of the pulpit and seats.
Boorowa, NSW - St James Presbyterian (Former)
Year Built: 1885
Address: 50 Queen Street, , Boorowa New South Wales, 2586
The Church was built in 1885
Bowral, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian
Address: 12 Bendooley Street, , Bowral New South Wales, 2576
A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by The Rev C.E. Turnbull Moderator of the Presbytery of Goulburn to commemorate the Jubilee of the first Presbyterian service in Bowral. 1888 - 1938. Rev R.H. Bacot Minister.
Byron Bay, NSW - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1969
Address: 13 Ruskin Street, , Byron Bay New South Wales, 2481
A plaque read's, " This Church was opened by The Rt Rev R.L. McInnes BA State Moderator and dedicated to the Glory of God by the Presbytery of the Northern Rivers on the 16th August 1969 Minister Rev H.W.A. Wilson".
Carcoar, NSW - Presbyterian (Former)
Year Built: 1861
Address: 10 Icely Street, , Carcoar New South Wales, 2791
Casino, NSW - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1908
Address: 181 Canterbury Road, , Casino New South Wales, 2470
St Paul's Presbyterian Church was opened on Wednesday 15 July 1908 by the Right Rev. J. Macaulay, Moderator of the General Assembly. Designed by the Casino architects, Messrs Popplewell and Sykes, in the Early English Gothic style.
Coffs Harbour, NSW - Harbourside Presbyterian
Year Built: 1961
Address: 187 Harbour Drive, , Coffs Harbour New South Wales, 2450
A Foundation stone reads, "To the Greater Glory of God this stone was laid by Rt Rev Hugh Cunningham on 9th Sept 1961".
Coolah, NSW - St Jame's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1868
Address: 42 Booyamurra Street, , Coolah New South Wales, 2843
According to the Daily Telegraph on 19 April 1904 the Church was re opened by the Rev John Walker Moderatoy of the Presbyterian Assembly.
Cootamundra, NSW - Scots Presbyterian
Year Built: 1983
Address: Corner Parker & Francis Streets, , Cootamundra New South Wales, 2590
The Presbyterians in Cootamundra needed a minister, and the first settled minister to be appointed was a Scotsman, the Rev. J. Dykes Paterson, a minister of the Established Church of Scotland. He was inducted to the charge of Temora-Cootamundra in July 1882. A newspaper report of the day when describing Rev. J. Dykes-Paterson's induction…
Corawa, NSW - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1886
Address: 11 Mary Street, , Corawa New South Wales, 2646
The first regular service of the Presbyterian parish was held on the 1st November, 1885 and for three years services were conducted by home missionaries. On Wednesday, 1st December, 1875, Neil Jamieson and a group of Scottish settlers met during a public meeting to consider what steps should be taken to secure a minister for the…
Cowper, NSW - St David's Presbyterian (Former)
Year Built: 1900
Address: Clarence Street, , Cowper New South Wales, 2460
The Church was opened by the Moderator the Rev John Clark McDonald. It was later relocated to its current site due to a road re alignment. A stone tablet on the fence reads, "This fence was dedicated 4th May 1947 as a memorial to C Napper Esq, W Connor Esq F C Blanch Esq, W P Thompson Esq The committee who built The Presbyterian Church…
Cowra, NSW - St Peter's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1912
Address: Macquarie Street, , Cowra New South Wales, 2794
The original church was opened in 1861 and built by Mr Pinder. The present church had its foundation stone laid in February 1912 by T.E. Clouston D.D. and was opened in 1913 and built by Henry S Francis. It was opened by Reverend James Barr.
Dunedoo, NSW - St David's Presbyterian
Address: Cobborah Street, , Dunedoo New South Wales, 2844
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Rev. G. Nelson Bensley 1st December 1923".
Finley, NSW - Scot's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1919
Address: Corner Denison & Wollamai Streets, , Finley New South Wales, 2713
The land was purchased from William Tindale for £60. The Builder was Mr. J.T. Close. The total cost of the Church, including furniture, was approximately £2600 and 67,000 bricks were used. The Foundation stone was laid by Mrs C McAlister 29 October 1919.
Forbes, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1862
Address: Harold Street, , Forbes New South Wales, 2871
A wooden church was erected at the corner of Cross and Clear Streets in 1862 but was destroyed by a storm and replaced by another. St Andrew's Presbyterian Church was erected in 1877 at a cost of £1,300. Reverend Arthur Aspinall was the first resident Presbyterian clergyman in Forbes (1874-87) and he established the present church; the…
Garah, NSW - St David's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1929
Address: 1 Benarba Street, , Garah New South Wales, 2405
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Ioan Williams on 5th February 1929".
Gilgandra, NSW - St Stephen's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1912
Address: 42 Myrtle Street, , Gilgandra New South Wales, 2827
By 1912 the Presbyterians of Gilgandra were in a position to construct a church building and decided to ‘build one that would meet the requirements of a growing congregation for some time’. A building capable of seating 250 people was designed by Messrs. Power and Andrews of Sydney. Mr. R. J. Carson undertook construction under the…
Glen Innes, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian
Address: 10 Heron Street, , Glen Innes New South Wales, 2370
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was set by Rt Rev. Campbell Egan BA BD Mth Moderator of NSW on 19th April 1980- St Andrew's Presbyterian Church". A plaque reads, "This Church of St Andrew's was opened and dedicated to the Glory of God by the Presbytery of New England on 12th December 1981 - P.E. Lush MA PhD…
Goulburn, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1924
Address: 25 Clifford Street, , New South Wales, 2580
By order of the Governor in 1839, 2 acres of land for a church, schoolhouse and manse were marked off in the area today bounded by Sloane, Bradley and Craig Streets,and on 21st June, 1839, the first stone of the church was laid. The architect was William Hume, and the cost was £685. After the failure of the first builder to fulfil his…
Grafton, NSW - Free Presbyterian
Address: 172 Fitzroy Street, , Grafton New South Wales, 2460
The Church was commenced in 1941.
Grafton, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1886
Address: 116 Oliver Street, , Grafton New South Wales, 2460
The Church dimensions are 64ft. 6in. in length x 36ft. in width. The foundations were concrete, 4ft. wide and 2ft. 9in. thick. The walls are of brick. 24ft. in height averageing 18in, cemented inside and out. having 2 rows of galvanised loop iron built in every 8th course, with 6 buttresses on each side projecting 18in. beyond the walls.…
Grenfell, NSW - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1870
Address: Weddin Street, , Grenfell New South Wales, 2810
The Foundation stone was laid on 7th December 1870 by Miss Kilpatrick.
Griffith, NSW - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1982
Address: Blumer Road, , Griffith New South Wales, 2680
The Foundation stone was laid on 12 June 1982 by The Right Reverend James Mullan Moderator General of the Presbyterian Church.
Gulgong, NSW - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1909
Address: 46 Bayly Street, , Gulgong New South Wales, 2852
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Mrs T.O. McCreadie 1st December 1909".
Guyra, NSW - St Columba's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1926
Address: 9/21 Tenterden Street, , Guyra New South Wales, 2635
The Architects of the current Church were Powers, Adams and Munnings. The Builder was F. Mott. A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Mrs Marjory Jackson 31st March 1926 - Rev E Norman McKie B.A. Minister". A Foundation stone on the church halls reads, " To the Glory of God in Memory of Rev E. Norman…
Henty, NSW - St John's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1935
Address: Corner Ivor & Hay's Streets, , Henty New South Wales, 2658
The Foundation stone was laid by H.W. Taylor Esq on 5 June 1935.
Hurstville, NSW - St Giles Presbyterian
Year Built: 1904
Address: Corner Park & McMahon Streets, , Hurstville New South Wales, 2220
The first Presbyterian Church in Hurstville was a wooden building built in 1904 in Forest Road. The second Church was built in 1923 and is now the Youth Centre opposite the current Church. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid by his Excellency the Governor of New South Wales Lieut General Sir John Northcott on 5 March…
Inverell, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1878
Address: 94 Vivian Street, , Inverell New South Wales, 2360
In the beginning, services were conducted in the home of Mr. Colin Ross until 1857. This continued for a mere three years until a move was made to build a church on a Crown grant of 1 acre 3 roods 32 perches, Suburban allotment 6, dated 24th August, 1859. This is the date of the Title Deed but the actual building commenced earlier. This…