Address: 23 Clarence Street, , Bellerive Tasmania, 7018
(Known firslty as Kangaroo Point) St. Mark's was formerly Clarence). In 1826 there was a small Chapel of Ease at Clarence Plains, one of the only five churches in Tasmania. In June 1852 S. Mark's Chapel, Kangaroo Point was consecrated. This building still stands and in 1932 it was restored by Toc H. to be used by scouts and guides. In…
Address: Corner Regent & Thompson Streets, , Belmont Victoria, 3216
In September 1890 the Reverends John Cameron wrote to the Register of the Diocese recommending the purchase of land n the Colac road and indicating the hope that a small successful church of a permanent character could be built as the place increased in population. An Architect's plan for a building estimated to cost £350 was drawn up…
Address: Thomson Street, , Belmont Victoria, 3216
The first Methodist Church service in Belmont was held in the home of Mr. Caldwell in the ealy 1880's. By the 3rd of May 1891 first service was held in the new church built in High Street – south of Mt. Pleasant Road. For further history visit the church website here.
Year Built: 1860
Address: 67 Arundel Street, , Benalla Victoria, 3672
The earliest church services for Church of England (Anglicans) in Benalla was recorded in 1849 when Bishop Perry of Melbourne visited the settlement. The service was performed in the original court house. By 1854 an allotment of land at the corner of Bridge, Thomas and Martin Place had been set aside for a church, school and hall.* The…
Year Built: 1908
Address: Corner Wedge & Arundel Streets, , Benalla Victoria, 3672
The Church was completed in 1908 in a Romanesque style. The Foundation stone was laid by his Grace the Most Reverend Dr Carr Archbishop of Melbourne on 21 July 1907. The Pastor was In 1989 a fire destroyed a large part of the building with many parts being replaced. This included the pressed steel roof.
Address: Corner Church & Carrier Streets, , Benalla Victoria, 3672
Formerly a Methodist church. The Foundation stone was laid by Reverend John W. Rowse President of the Victorian and Tasmanian Conference on 26 March 1930. The architect was A.S. Eggleston and the builder was R. Mould.
Year Built: 1930
Address: 26 Myers St, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550
A Foundation stone was laid by Mrs William Hunter on 22 March 1930. The Architects of the current Church were G.D. Garvin and C Eathorne. A stuccoed brick church of 1930, which is quite idiosyncratic in detail and gains its distinctive character from the eclectic and not entirely felicitous low relief cement decoration.
Year Built: 1897
Address: 35 - 41 Forest Street, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550
St. John's Presbyterian Church was opened in 1874 and located in Forest Street near the Barnard Street. By 1885 the Church was destroyed by fire. A new Church building was opened in 1897 on the same site. A Foundation stone was laid in November 1858 by Rev L.D. Bevan. In 1949 plans were preparred for the demolition of the church and…
Year Built: 1873
Address: Myer's Street, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550
The cathedral was designed by the architect Robert A. Love. The nave was dedicated in November 1868, the bell tower in 1873 and the chancel and transepts in 1927. Originally a parish church, St Paul's became the diocese's cathedral in 1981. The building is constructed of red brick with stone dressings in an early Gothic style and is…
Year Built: 1928
Address: 531 Centre Road, , Bentleigh Victoria, 3204
The Foundation stone was laid on 23 June 1928.
Year Built: 1954
Address: Foxhow Road, , Berrybank Victoria, 3323
The former church was destroyed by fire on 14 January 1944. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid on 21 April 1954 by William M Clark. The Architect was Keith Reid while the builder was A McHolson.
Year Built: 1956
Address: 125 High Street, , Berwick Victoria, 3806
St. Michael's Parish was established in 1956, having previously been part of the parish of Dandenong. In 1956 it became part of the Diocese of Sale. The current Church was opened on 29 April 1984 and was blessed by the Bishop of Sale Eric D'Arcy.
Year Built: 1883
Address: Bethany Road, , Bethany South Australia, 5352
The Church was built in 1883. The design is of simple rectangular plan with gable roof, smaller gabled annex to rear, square tower at front with tall pointed spire, rendered features on facades create a strong outline for the building. Construction - coursed rubble walls, rendered corner strips and windows indicate a reasonably…
Year Built: 1887
Address: 269 Forest Road, , Bexley New South Wales, 2207
The land on which this Church is built was first granted to James Chandler on the 19th October 1831 by Governor Brisbane (1300 acres). The Foundation stone was laid on 24 May 1887 by the ten Minster for Education the Hon James Inglis. The Church was opened for worship by Rev Robert Steel in October 1887. For over 50 years it was known…
Year Built: 1913
Address: Monteagle Street, , Binalong New South Wales, 2584
The first church was located on Church Hill and was called the Church of St Peter's and Paul. The foundation stone of that church was laid in March 1859. It was later demolished. The Foundation stone of the existing Federation style church was laid on 17 September 1911 by the Catholic Bishop of Goulburn Dr Gallagher. Built of local…