Year Built: 1895
Address: Corner High & Hamilton Streets, Broadford, Victoria, 3658
The original church was a small wooden Methodist church built in 1895, opened on 9 June and demolished in 1912. The Builder was Mr McDonald of Broadford. A Foundation stone was laid by M McKenzie MLA on 1 June 1912 when a newer church was erected. The builder was James Sutherland. The foundation stone was laid by MK McKenzie MLA on 1…
Address: High Street, Broadford, Victoria, 3658
The (new) Church was opened on 26 April 1874. It was built by a Mr Woods. In 1892 Kilmore and Broadford seperated and on Easter Sunday the Rev H. Braddock was inducted as Broadford's first resident Priest. The Church was consecrated 19 years after it opened by Bishop Goe.
Year Built: 1957
Address: High Street, Broadford, Victoria, 3658
Originally a Methodist church, the Broadford Uniting Church is located next to the Library. Construction of the current building commenced in November of 1956, and the Foundation stone was laid by the President of the Conference, the Rev. Norman Lade MA, BD on 16 February 1957. The dedication of the church took place in September 1957.
Year Built: 1857
Address: 6 Glenlyon Road, Melbourne, Brunswick Victoria, 3056
A stucco rendered brick Church of cruciform plan and detached campanile was erected in four stages between 1857 and 1875. Architects were Purchas and Sawyer who designed the nave in 1857. Smith and Watts completed the transfers, chancel and vestry between 1863 and 1864 and the campanile between 1870 and 1871. Whilst Frederick Wyatt was…
Year Built: 1850
Address: Bulla Road, Bulla, Victoria, 3428
The land was donated by Anne Greene of Woodlands Homestead. The foundation stone was laid by Bishop Perry on 15 January 1850 but has never been found. A Gothic church of random coursed squared bluestone rubble designed by Thomas M Taylor and opened in 1858. The church was originally situated on the corner of Oaklands and Bulla Roads. As…
Year Built: 1858
Address: 1 Uniting Lane, Bulla, Victoria, 3428
Formerly a Presbyterian Church it was built between 1858 and 1859 to the design of Thomas M Taylor. Notable for its bellcote, flanking pinnacles, with meringue-like terminations and very fine window tracery, all executed in rough bluestone.
Address: Corner Thompson & Marcus Roads, Melbourne, Bulleen Victoria, 3105
In 1956 the North Balwyn Church under the pastorship of Rev Smith saw the need for a church in the Bulleen area. The first service was a Sunday School service on 24 February 1960 in the home of Mr and Mrs Taylor. In the following year Church services were commenced in the home of Mr and Mrs Harrison.
Address: Corner Grimshaw Street & Alma Road, Melbourne, Bundoora Victoria, 3083
The first recorded meeting of the parish was held on the 27th of June 1962 and the first service was held in the Bundoora Hall on August 19th 1962. On the 16th of December 1967 the corner stone for the Hall/Chapel building was laid.
Year Built: 1869
Address: 335 Bungaree Wallace Road, Bungaree, Victoria, 3352
A meeting of locals was held in November of 1865 and the committee decided to purchase land where todays church is located. The first church service was held at Mr Benham's home on 6 January 1867. In April, 1866 it was proposed that the church be of stone, 25 feet by 40 feet with a hardwood floor and shingle roof. The walls to be 18 feet…
Year Built: 1890
Address: 184 Bungaree Wallace Road, Bungaree, Victoria, 3352
The Parish was established in 1890. A few years before in 1878 Dean Moore purchased a block of land for a church and school. This land now holds the Bungaree hall and some adjoining houses. The first recorded baptism in Bungaree was that of Ellena Rice performed by Fr J Cleary on 31 August 1890. When Fr Linane retired in 1965 Fr Paddy…
Year Built: 1864
Address: Gibraltar Street, Bungendore, New South Wales, 2621
The Church was erected in 1864 and is of the Victorian Free Gothic style. The walls are constructed of rock faced ashlar and the jointing is of fine pointing. The steep pitched timber frame gable roof is clad with asbestos shingles. Walls feature high pointed Gothic windows which are complimented by arched sandstone block work to window…
Address: 26 A'Beckett Street, Bunyip, Victoria, 3815
The Bunyip Parish of St. Thomas' was originally part of the Gippsland Fort mission in 1879 and early church services were held In Kraft's Hall. By the early 1890': a-proper church was being planned, and fund raising began In December 1891. On 15 October 1902, Mrs W. A. A'Beckett Snr of Brighton laid the foundation block for the new…
Address: Ludgvan Street, Burra, South Australia, 5417
Redruth first appeared in the quarterly minute book on 24 June 1851. No members are listed and the income was 5/4. Three months later there were 4 members and the circuit income was 1-6-6. In February 1851 the Kooringa trustees had begun to build a church opposite the police station and 1-17-10 was collected at the laying of the corner…
Address: 1 Canterbury Road, Melbourne, Camberwell Victoria, 3124
A site at the corner of Stanhope Grove and Canterbury Road was contemplated intially. The current site was purchased at auction in 1912. The firest service was conducted at 11am on Sunday 27 April 1913 when 29 people attended. At the 7pm service 55 people attended. Rev Brooksbanks conviend a public meeting in Adam's assembly hall…
Year Built: 1957
Address: Corner Toorak & Bowen Street, Melbourne, Camberwell Victoria, 3124
The Foundation stone for the current church was laid on 2 November 1957 by Reverend CRC Tidmarsh. The Architect was Loius Williams and the builder was CA Johnson.
Year Built: 1885
Address: 581 Riversdale Road, Melbourne, Camberwell Victoria, 3124
The first Presbyterian service in Camberwell was held in the old Shire Hall on 6 September 1885. The site on which the present Church stands was purchased for 375, and almost immediately the first building was erected, at a cost of 566. It was a very plain, weatherboard structure, and seated about 200 persons. This first church was…
Year Built: 1863
Address: Corner Church & Fergusson Streets, Camperdown, Victoria, 3260
The building of St Paul's Parish Church commenced in 1863 with substantial contributions from families whose descendants still worship in the parish. With local tradesmen directing the stonework and carpentry, both the church and the vicarage were completed within four months. The Church was built in three stages with chancel and…