Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

Denomination: Uniting


Gerringong, NSW - Uniting

Gerringong, NSW - Uniting

Address: 24 Fern Street, , Gerringong New South Wales, 2534

In 1850 a Wesleyan Chapel (later Methodist, then Uniting Church), was built. A plaque on the Church wall reads, The Church building, opposite in Bridge Road was opened as a Wesleyan Chapel in November 1870. The Congregation of the Methodist Church became a Congregation of 'The Uniting Church in Australia at Inauguration on the 22nd…

Read More

Gilgandra, NSW - Uniting

Gilgandra, NSW - Uniting

Address: 52 Myrtle Street, , Gilgandra New South Wales, 2827

Read More

Gisborne, VIC - Uniting

Gisborne, VIC - Uniting

Address: 23 Brantome Street, , Gisborne Victoria, 3437

Read More

Gladstone, SA - Uniting

Gladstone, SA - Uniting

Address: Corner High & Cross Streets, , Gladstone South Australia, 5473

Read More

Glen Huntly, VIC - St John's Uniting

Glen Huntly, VIC - St John's Uniting

Year Built: 1915

Address: Corner Foster & Glen Huntly Roads, , Glen Huntly Victoria, 3163

The Foundation stone was laid on 14 August 1915 by A.P. Gardiner Esq.

Read More

Glen Iris, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Glen Iris, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Address: 1560 Malvern Road, , Glen Iris Victoria, 3146

Formerly known as Mulgrave Uniting Church and now known as St Andrew's Gardiner Uniting. The old St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (1856), in Rathdowne Street, Carlton was taken down in 1938 and the stones re-erected the following year at the site of the 'new' St. Andrew's on the corner of Burke and Malvern Roads. A Foundation stone…

Read More

Glen Iris, VIC - Uniting

Glen Iris, VIC - Uniting

Address: 252 Warrigal Road, , Glen Iris Victoria, 3146

Read More

Glenelg, SA - St Andrews Uniting

Glenelg, SA - St Andrews Uniting

Year Built: 1879

Address: 92 Jetty Road, , Glenelg South Australia, 5045

The first church was built in Gordon Street and the builder was Mr J.J. Moseley. The second church was built in Jetty Road and the foundation stone was laid on 18 April 1859. The Architect was Mr James MacGeorge and built by Messrs Lines and Cook. The third and current church was built and the foundation stone for this building was laid…

Read More

Glenorchy, TAS - Uniting

Glenorchy, TAS - Uniting

Year Built: 1910

Address: 446 Main Road, , Glenorchy Tasmania, 7010

The first Methodist church at Glenorchy opened in 1831 at O’Brien’s Bridge. The foundation stone of the current church was laid on 16 April 1910 by John Hallam Esq.

Read More

Glenunga, SA - Uniting

Glenunga, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1927

Address: 138 L'Estrange Street, , Glenunga South Australia, 5064

A Foundation stone was laid 27 August 1927 by Mrs P.A. McBride.

Read More

Golden Grove, SA - Uniting

Golden Grove, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1863

Address: Corner Golden Grove & Greenwith Road, , Golden Grove South Australia, 5125

In 1863 Mr Paul Roberts son of Thomas Roberts of Greenwith Farm donated the land for a Primitive Methodist church which later became known as the Greenwith Chapel. Before the church was built services were held in the cellar of the home of Thomas and Hannah Roberts. The Foundation stone was laid on 15 November 1863 by Mrs Thomas…

Read More

Goolgowi, NSW - Uniting

Goolgowi, NSW - Uniting

Address: Napier Street, , Goolgowi New South Wales, 2652

Read More

Goolwa, SA - Uniting

Goolwa, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1861

Address: Bingham Street, , Goolwa South Australia, 5214

The Church was built in 1861 with transepts added in 1881

Read More

Goorambat, VIC - Uniting

Goorambat, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1924

Address: 97 Halls Road, , Goorambat Victoria, 3725

Formerly a Methodist it was opened in 1865. The current church was erected in 1924. A mural by the name of 'Sophia' came into being in 2017 after acclaimed street artist Adnate approached the Uniting church community to host one inside the church itself as part of the Wall to Wall festival.

Read More

Goulburn, NSW - Uniting

Goulburn, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1869

Address: Goldsmith Street, , Goulburn New South Wales, 2580

A historical plaque at the front of the Church reads in part, "The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was originally built in 1848 and is part of what is now the Wesley Centre. Due to a growing congregation, a trust was set up in May 1869 to erect a new church. Approval came from the trustees on the 20th May 1869 to go ahead with the…

Read More

Grange, SA - Uniting

Grange, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1881

Address: Beach Street, , Grange South Australia, 5022

The Foundation stone was laid on 9 November 1880 by Mrs C Fowler.

Read More

Greenacres, SA - Uniting

Greenacres, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1964

Address: Mullers Road, , Greenacres South Australia, 5086

The Foundation stone was laid on 16 February 1964 by the Ex President of the Conference the Reverend G.T. Inglis B.A. B.D.

Read More

Greenock, SA - Uniting

Greenock, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1954

Address: 6 Kapunda Road, , Greenock South Australia, 5360

Formerly a Methodist church, the Foundation stone was laid on 19 September 1954 by D.. Branson Esq.

Read More

Greensborough, VIC - Uniting

Greensborough, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1966

Address: 37 Grimshaw Street, , Greensborough Victoria, 3088

The first service of the Greensborough Methodist church was held in March of 1850, in, "Meagher's Barn" which refers to a barn that stood on the "Willis Vale" property of James Willis Mayger, near the Plenty River. The Wesleyans acquired their own house of worship in Hailes Street. This weatherboard church was still being used as a…

Read More

Greenthorpe, NSW - Uniting

Greenthorpe, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1928

Address: Collon Street west, , Greenethorpe New South Wales, 2809

Formerly a Methodist church the foundation stone was laid on 21 March 1928 by John Fisher.

Read More

Grenfell, NSW - Uniting

Grenfell, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1927

Address: Camp Street, , Grenfell New South Wales, 2810

Several foundation stones are attached to the church. One being laid by S. C. Starr on 13 August 1927.

Read More

Greta, VIC - Uniting

Greta, VIC - Uniting

Address: 1383 Glenrowan Moyhu Road, , Greta Victoria, 3675

Read More

Griffith, NSW - Uniting

Griffith, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1957

Address: Beal Street, , Griffith New South Wales, 2680

The Foundation stone was laid on 29 June 1957 by the Right Reverend E.H. Vines.

Read More

Grovedale, VIC - Uniting

Grovedale, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1853

Address: Torquay Road, , Grovedale Victoria, 3216

During 1853, people began to worship on the site in Torquay Road, which had been granted to the Wesleyan Methodists. A small, simple wooden church was constructed in 1855. In June 1868, the congregation decided to build a new church. The new church was designed by RS. Tuffs and the foundation stone was laid on the 25th March 1869, by the…

Read More

Gulnare, SA - Uniting

Gulnare, SA - Uniting

Address: Railway Terrace, , Gulnare South Australia, 5471

Read More

Gumeracha, SA - Uniting

Gumeracha, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1859

Address: 5 Wellington Street, , Gumeracha South Australia, 5233

For several years prior to 1859 Wesleyan Methodist services were held at the company's local cattle station. Land for the church was donated by Mr J Monfries and the church was built of stone carted from Kenton Valley. It was officially opened in 1860. A Manse was erected in 1887 and the Vestry was added in 1897 while the front porch…

Read More

Gunbar, NSW - Uniting

Gunbar, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1884

Formerly a Presbyterian church, the first church was located just north of its current location however due to swampy water it was later relocated. It was built in 1884. Though nominally Presbyterian, services by Anglican and Methodist ministers were occasionally also held at the church. By 1933 it was decided to build a new church of…

Read More

Gundagai, NSW - Uniting

Gundagai, NSW - Uniting

Address: Otway Street, Gundagai, New South Wales, 2722

Presbyterian services began in Gundagai in 1852 in a hall. A minister was appointed in 1900 and the church erected 1901. Now closed.

Read More

Gundaroo, NSW - Uniting

Gundaroo, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1864

Address: Corner Lot & Cork Streets, , Gundaroo New South Wales, 2620

Formerly a Presbyterian Church built in 1864. It is a rough stone structure with external render and a galvanized iron roof. A wall plaque reads, "To the glory of God and in memory of Arthur and William Affleck who's faith and vision 150 years ago secured this land and building for future generation. Unless the Lord builds the house, the…

Read More

Gunning, NSW - Uniting

Gunning, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1876

Address: Waratah Street, , Gunning New South Wales, 2581

The first Church was erected in 1849 and as was 28ft x 18ft. The next Church was opened in 1876 by A Crundwell. The first Parsonage was erected in 1853 having only 2 rooms. The second Parsonage was purchased in Waratah in 1868.

Read More

Hagley, TAS - Uniting

Hagley, TAS - Uniting

Year Built: 1957

Address: 75 Meander Road, , Hagley Tasmania, 7292

A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by the Reverend C.L. Turner B.A. Superintendent Minister 6th April 1957".

Read More

Haigslea, QLD - Uniting

Haigslea, QLD - Uniting

Address: Malabar to Warrego Highway, , Haigslea Queensland, 4306

The Church originally consisted of the Congregational Church and the Wesleyan Methodist Church which was moved to this site in 1981. On Church union the hall (at the rear) was called Wesley'. In 1977 on church union the ex Methodist church was called Wesley and the Congregational church was called Pilgrim. Services were held week…

Read More

Hampton, VIC - Uniting

Hampton, VIC - Uniting

Address: 17 Service Street, , Hampton Victoria, 3188

Read More

Harcourt, VIC - Uniting

Harcourt, VIC - Uniting

Address: 30 Buckley Street, , Harcourt Victoria, 3453

Formerley a Methodist Church.The first Methodist service was held in January 1860 but by June 1861 services had been discontinued. Further attempts were made in 1863 when the Circuit Local Preachers' Meeting resolved that preaching should be held at Harcourt each Sunday afternoon. The church is of Gothic style and consists of a three…

Read More

Harden, NSW - Ross Memorial Uniting

Harden, NSW - Ross Memorial Uniting

Year Built: 1915

Address: Derby Street, , Harden New South Wales, 2587

Formerly a Presbyterian church it was erected by Mr and Mrs William E. Ross as a gift and in memory of their parent. The Church was opened on 15 December 1915 by the Right Reverend R. Scott West State Moderator of the Presbyterian Church of Australia.

Read More

Hastings, VIC - Uniting

Hastings, VIC - Uniting

Address: Cnr Marine Pde & Hodgins Rd, , Hastings Victoria, 3915

Read More

Hatton Vale, QLD - Uniting

Hatton Vale, QLD - Uniting

Address: 143 Zischke Road, , Hatton Vale Queensland, 4341

Read More

Hawthorn, SA - Uniting

Hawthorn, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1923

Address: 13 Hampton Street, , Hawthorn South Australia, 5062

Formerly a Presbyterian Church. This Neo Gothic brick and sandstone building was erected in 1923. Additions on two sides made in 1971.The Foundation stone was laid by Reverend J.A. Mc Lellan on 15 September 1923.

Read More

Hawthorn, VIC - Uniting

Hawthorn, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1910

Address: 10 Power Street, , Hawthorn Victoria, 3122

In 1895 the West Hawthorn Presbyterian Church was established in Grove Road however it was burnt down in 1961. The Foundation stone to the current church was laid on 19 July 1910 by James Dyer Esq. The Architect was H. W. & F B Tompkins and the Builders were J Bennell and Son.

Read More

Healesville, VIC - Uniting

Healesville, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1937

Address: Maroondah Highway, , Healesville Victoria, 3777

Formerly Scots' Presbyterian Church, it was constructed in 1937. The foundation stone was laid on 21 August 1937 by W F Bon, whose mother had donated a significant amount to the church building fund. The church was designed by Melbourne architects Scarborough, Robertson and Love and was constructed by a Mr Adam of Fernshaw. The church…

Read More