Year Built: 1884
Address: 7 Richmond Street, , Colebrook Tasmania, 7027
Services were first held in the old probation church of 1835. The plans of this church were given to the Diocesan Registry in 1921 by the Public Works and are now in the State Archives. In 1882 the foundation stone of the church was laid and in March 1884 the new stone church costing £800 was consecrated.
Address: 165 Old Cleveland Road, , Coorparoo Queensland, 4151
A plaque on the church wall reads, On the 25th of January 1925 on the feast of St Paul the Apostle this first stone of the church erected to the glory of God under the title and patronage of St James the Apostle was blessed and placed by the most Reverend J Duhig D.D. Archbishop of Brisbane in the reign of Pope Pius Eleventh with the…
Year Built: 1940
Address: 34 Mary Street, , Cygnet Tasmania, 7112
A Foundation stone attached to the building was laid on 18 February 1940 by his Grace the Archbishop of Hobart J.D. Simonds. The Church was opened on 6 October of the same year. The church was designed in the Moorish style.
Year Built: 1870
Address: Main South Road, , Delamere South Australia, 5204
Constructed in a local basalt-like stone with cut sandstone dressings to windows and quoins. Foundation stone was laid 19 September 1870 by Archbishop Bussel. It was dedicated and opened by Bishop Augustus Short, attended by the Governor of the State. The floor is well tiled, the font is from St Peter's, Britford and is over 200 years…
Year Built: 1891
Address: 73 North Road, , Gardenvale Victoria, 3185
The first Church was a wooden building constructed by the Very Reverend M Carey on the site facing North Road in 1882. It was a temporary building, used as a Church on Sundays and a schoolhouse on weekdays. Extensions were made in 1889. It was blessed by Dr Reville, the Co-adjutor Bishop of Sandhurst, in 1892. Construction of the…
Year Built: 1878
Address: 2 Woolley Street, , Glebe New South Wales, 2037
The Foundation stone was laid on 7 July 1877 by Archbishop Roger Bede Vaughan. By 1 September 1878, the church of St James, built in the Venetian Gothic style of Pyrmont stone and New Zealand kauri pine and glowing with stained glass, marble, majolica painted tiles, was ready and formally opened.
Address: Corner Upper Heidelberg Road & Noel Street, , Ivanhoe Victoria, 3079
1908 was the year St James became a parish in it's own right sixty years after the establishment of the City of Melbourne. The Foundation stone was laid by the Governor of Victoria on 21 October 1908. The Vicarage in Noel Street was erected at a cost of 631.The original Rose window was replaced in 2003 with one that commemorates the…
Address: 76 Irvine Street, , Jamestown South Australia, 5491
A Mr Techritz offered to draw the plans for a church for Two Guineas and tenders for the building of a church 30 feet x 15 feet were to be called. By May 1875 a Mrs Riddell was busily collecting funds a harmonium and no doubt the committee felt confident that this would soon be housed in a fine church. The Foundation stone was laid by…
Year Built: 1888
The first services were held in a house. Church News of June 1883 states that St. James' was erected in 1826 or 27 but Church News of January 1947 says that building commenced in 1829. The church which was designed by John Lee Archer, was consecrated on the 10th of May, 1838. A plaque on the church reads, "The original church on this…
Year Built: 1925
Address: 1B Falcon Ave,, , Loxton South Australia, 5031
The Church was first set up in 1897 by E.J.P. Kaesler before the town of Loxton was formally planned. It originally met for worship in the houses of John Drabsch of Loxton and A Stanitzki of Bookpurnong. In 1904, a stone church measuring 40ft x 20ft x 14ft (12.2m x 6.1m x 4.27m) at a cost of 180.00 having a seating capacity of 150 was…
Year Built: 1884
Address: 1B Falcon Avenue, , Mile End South Australia, 5031
The Church was opened by Bishop Kennion on 1 February 1884. Many years before Mr Justice Gwynne had given an acre of land in the village of Cowandilla for church purposes. This was sold for £150 and an allotment bought in a more central position in the Thebarton area. This is the present site of the church. Due to the energeic work of…
Year Built: 1955
Address: 416 South Road, , Moorabbin Victoria,
The Church was dedicated on the 24th of September 1956 by Rev E Wiebusch vice President of the Evangelical Lutheran Church. The Church has been turned into a block of flats and retained the original church facia. A Foundation stone reads, " Eph, 2:19:22 To the Glory of God St James Lutheran Church 18-12-1955".
Year Built: 1912
Address: 65 Brook Street, , Muswellbrook New South Wales, 2333
In 1861 the first Church was opened on this site. A branch of the Singleton Convent of Mercy was established there in the 1880s and a convent and church from this period survive. The first St James was replaced by the present church in 1912. It was built by D. Jordan of Muswellbrook and designed by James Hicks, the local architect. The…
Year Built: 1916
Address: Rupert Street, , New Town Tasmania, 7008
William Gilchrist Watt and his wife Catherine came from Montreal, Canada, to Hobart in 1900 and bought a large house in Augusta. Road New Town. They had independent means and while in Canada were closely associated with the Church of England. After the death of her husband in 1914, Mrs Catherine Gilchrist Watt had the Church of St James…
Year Built: 1878
Address: 829 Port Sorell Road, , Northdown Tasmania, 7307
The church was opened in May 1878 and the church and burial ground were consecrated on 30 January 1879 by Bishop Charles Bromby. One gate post has the inscription "To the glory of God" with the opposite post having the inscription, "And in memory of all those who served 1939 - 1945". The present church was built by public subscription…
Year Built: 1927
Address: 34 Browning Street, , Orbost Victoria, 3888
A Foundation stone reads, " St James Memorial church To the Glory of God - In Remembrance of of those who served and suffered during the Great War. 1914 - 1919 A.D. This stone was laid The Right Revd G.H. Cranswick D.D. Bishop of Gippsland 1st October 1927. Rector The Rev J.B. Montgomerie".
Year Built: 1935
Address: 95 Derribong Street, , Peak Hill New South Wales, 2869
A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was blessed and laid by the Most Rev T.M. Fox D.D. Bishop of Wilcannia - Forbes 16th June 1935". A futher stone reads, " This Church of St James was solemnly consecrated 10th December 1936 By the Most Rev T.M. Fox D.D. Bishop of Wilcannia - Forbes Rev M.J. Heath Pastor".
Year Built: 1896
Address: 1 Louisa Street, , Ranelagh Tasmania, 7109
In 1853 a there was a bark church built for a hundred people was built at Victoria and consecrated in June 1854. The Church Chronicle reported in December 1878, "Victoria church to be built at In 1853 a hear bark church for a hundred people was built at Victoria and consecrated in June 1854. The Church Chronicle reported in December 1878,…
Year Built: 1911
Address: Corner Britannia & Duadman Streets, , Stockinbingal New South Wales, 2725
The Church was opened in 1911. Prior to the building of St James, Anglicans worshipped in a small building situated on the Grogan Road and used by all denominations. The foundation stone for the building was laid on May 25, 1910 by the Bishop of Goulburn the Right Reverend C.C. Barlow and the opening date was March 15, 1911. The…
Year Built: 1819
Address: 173 King Street, Sydney, Sydney New South Wales, 2000
Of Georgian style the Church was constructed between 1819 and 1824 and is the oldest church building in the City. St James' is an example of the architectural work of the Macquarie period, completely designed and built by convict labour. The Foundation stone was laid by Governor Macquarie on 7 October 1819 on a site originally chosen…
Year Built: 1957
Address: St James Street, , Tongala Victoria, 3621
The first church was built in 1913. During 1882 - 1883 an attempt by the Church of England to establish services in the Tongala area proved unsucessful and so it continued for a time under Rochester then in the 1890's under Tatura and later under Kyabrum. By 1912 services and Sunday school were being held in the Public Hall in Magan…
Address: 100 Grey Street, , Traralgon Victoria, 3844
The first incumbent appointed was the Reverend Thomas Moorehouse (spelt differently than Bishop Moorhouse) and it is said that he built St James in 1879 - 80, largely with his own hands. The first St James church was licenced on 28 February 1880. The second St James was licenced on 7 October 1922.
Year Built: 2000
Address: 25 Byron Street, , Wyong New South Wales, 2259
A mention of the church was made in the Gosford Times in January 1915 that the ouside and roof of the church was to be painted by a Mr Albert Warner as a gift. The original church was destroyed by fire in 1994 and a new church was erected four years later. The Church celebrated its centenary in 2006.